Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by CruiseGirltr: Spring Get Away!

Norwegian Sky 5
CruiseGirltr
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Spring Get Away!

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Bahamas

My husband and I decided to take a quick get away trip aboard the Norwegian Sky on May 2, 2011. This was a treat for ourselves prior to our daughters wedding in October. I just want to say that from beginning to end, everything was perfect! Weather was sunny and warm each and every day, seas were calm and you couldn't ask for a friendlier crew. The Norwegian Sky is a beautiful ship and extremely clean. I've read reviews that make it sound like people were talking about some other ship and not the Sky. Food was very good, Entertainment very good also. Cabin was just the right size for 2 and an excellent location, one floor below the pool deck. Our cruise director Richard was excellent and very funny! We did not leave the ship in Freeport or Nassau, as we have been here many times before. Great Stirrup Cay was beautiful and very relaxing. We have been on the Norwegian Dawn and the Pride of Hawaii (which is now the Norwegian Jade), and both were excellent choices More also!

If I had one negative comment to make, and its a small one, it would be to replace the shower curtains in the staterooms.

Overall, this was a great Mini vacation and I highly recommend it for first time cruisers or those on a budget. Less

Published 05/13/11

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: IA0108 Mid-Ship Inside

Read All Mid-Ship Inside (IA) Reviews >>

Really nothing much to do and not a very scenic port.
Read 1087 Freeport Reviews

Great for shopping and a visit to Atlantis is very worthwhile but pricey.
Read 4261 Nassau Reviews

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

CruiseGirltr
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X