Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Camile

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Camile
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: Camile
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Bound for Bermuda
First of all let me say that my husband had sailed one other Royal Caribbean cruise; the Grandeur of the Seas, back in 2008, and were so disappointed that we'd vowed never to cruise this line again. With this said, boy were we surprised when we took the Enchantment of the Seas to Bermuda with some family members, two of whom were first-time sailors! Just a little history about the Grandeur of the Seas before I continue. I had booked this cruise to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. We'd been dropped off at the new Baltimore cruise terminal around 1:00 p.m. and found terrible lines. We then heard through the crowd rumblings that the ship was not even in port yet (supposedly arriving at 7:00 a.m. that morning). We continued to process thru the lines and were then told we'd receive a $300.00 voucher, due to the ship's now later departure time. Now, we were set to sail at 4:30 p.m. and ended up not even boarding the ship until I think after 6:00 p.m.. We'd sat in the terminal all of this time with only a bottle of water, a very small ham sandwich and some type of cookie. We missed eating in the main dining room, as they had been "housing" the late cruisers for over 8 hours, so everyone was sent to the large casual dining area at once...chaotic. We finally set sail around midnight or so and off we went arriving in Bermuda over 8 hours late. Of course we'd missed the tours we'd booked for the first day, and it was too late to go to Hamilton, as the ferries stop running around 5:00p.m.. So it was basically a wasted day. We found some of the staff members testy as they too had had a rough couple of days. Our table mate, wanted to exchange his lamb for something else, was asked

"What's wrong with it", not the customary, " What else may I get you, Sir?" This sat badly with us, for sure!

Now that you have a picture of why we decided to never sail with RC again, let me just mention some highlights of this cruise. First our family wanted to join us and we thought that a 5-day cruise was best for those new to cruising. The only 5-day sailing was with the RC Enchantment of the Seas, so we took our chances. My husband and I "sailed" thru the check-in process as Diamond Club Crown and Anchor Society members. We then found the casual dining room and all sat together for our first mean upon the ship. Our cabins were ready at 1:30 and we'd booked balcony rooms all together. The cabins were very clean, well appointed with ample drawers, hangers, and other storage. The bed was very comfortable and we'd soon unpacked and awaited life-boat drills.

Dinner was very good and it was followed by a short program in the theater.

We ate most of our meals as a family and everyone accommodated the 6 of us.

We found the food very good and a varied selection. Everything was not always piping hot, but not cold either. The wait-staff does an amazing job considering their demanding guests.

We were selected to sit at Capt. Andersson's table for late-seating dinner one night and we were treated like royalty by his staff! All of us received a wonderful dinner, wine, and commemorative group photos signed by the captain. This made our cruise for sure!

There were ample activities for the guests and all of the activity staff that we interacted with were "fun".

The one production show that I attended was wonderful, So much, that I sent one of the singers a note of how very much I enjoyed her singing. The young lady was ill, had still went on and nearly made it to curtain call. The show went on because of her.

All of the subsequent meals were great and the wait-staff quite endearing with their dining-room performances. We felt very special to be there.

We appreciated the treatment we received as loyal "Celebrity" cruisers. Our Celebrity Elite status had transferred over onto the RC's ships, thus awarding us our Diamond status. We enjoyed priority disembarkation on return and were quickly thru customs and awaiting our ride home.

We can highly recommend this ship and are considering the New England / Canada cruise as our next RC experience. Our family was impressed and I really this cruise might be hooked them!

Bon Voyage