Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by Skattie: Splendour of the Seas

Splendour of the Seas

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Just back from the Greek islands on Splendour of the Seas. Had a fairly good time ... but Splendour needs to be totally refurbished, looking old and tired and worn out. Drinks were very expensive (I have seen this numerous times on reviews, but ... nothing has been changed or altered, the prices are still sky high). Why I wonder?

Windjammer is too small for the number of passengers, people do not want to share tables, ....it was like a rugby match. Children should not be allowed into the Solarium and pool and hot tubs.... parents travelling with tots should obey the rules or go on a Disney cruise.

I found some of the excursions to be a waste of time and expensive (Crete) but did enjoy the Corfu excursion.

My time dining was a complete joke - we paid 98.00 upfront and had to fight for a table for 2 for 7.30 (which was pre-booked).

All in all, enjoyed the vacation, but it could have been much better.

Toronto