Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by T&DCruisers2011

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by T&DCruisers2011
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: T&DCruisers2011
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Enchantment of the Seas - The good, okay, and ugly
I sailed from Baltimore to the Bahamas on April 23rd, 2011. Overall we had an amazing time and I would cruise again. I wanted to add some thoughts to help others deciding on their next cruise.

Stateroom - Our stateroom attendant, Winston, was incredible. He made sure our room was clean at all times and always replenished the towels. Yes, the room and bathroom are small. This didn't bother me though because we still had a nice amount of storage space. There was also a huge curtain that separated the bed from the living space. This was great when I woke up early to exercise. My boyfriend was able to stay asleep in pure dark, uninterrupted.

Food/ Bars - The bar service, overall, was also exceptional. We had great service in the Boleros Lounge, and by our bartender in the Viking Lounge. The servers were pleasant and friendly. I did notice that some servers were a little less welcoming when I wanted a soda, as this was prepaid. I probably wouldn't order a soda package again. I thought there would be more ways to access soda. I was terrified that the prices would be through the roof, but was pleasantly surprised. The food was really good. The crew did an excellent job with offering a wide variety of options. The only complaint I had was that all of the dressings were cream-based except a low calorie raspberry vinegerette. (I know that seems silly to point out.) I eat a lot of salads, and would have LOVED to have had a low calorie Italian or non-creamy Italian in general.

Ports - I absolutely fell in love with Coco Cay. I wanted to stay forever. The water is beautiful, and the island has limitless activities for cruisers. Royal Caribbean did an outstanding job with this private location. Nassau was nice. However, we were there until 11 pm. Almost every store (not exaggerating) was closed by 6 pm on Tuesday so we ended up returning to the ship early. Also, because we reached Nassau an hour late, several on-land excursions were cancelled. This was very disappointing. I know that these things happen, I just didn't see why a beach day had to be cancelled verse being pushed back an hour. I could have done without Port Canaveral. I do not recommend getting off the ship, assuming you can just explore. There is NOTHING around the port. We took the shuttle to Cocoa Beach for the day. It was an enjoyable beach day.

Other - I should have assumed traveling the week after Easter would mean more children. There were A LOT of children. I didn't mind except for when they disobeyed rules, such as taking over the hot tubs (with no adult supervision). I hate to make generalities because some children were very well behaved. However, some were not. They would hang out under the stairs and, run around carelessly(I was almost knocked over a few times). That was a little annoying. Embarkation was INSANE. I am sure this was because it was our first experience. The fitness room was great. There were several options for exercise equipment.

Overall though, it was a great trip at a very reasonable price. I would definitely travel with RCI again.

Publication Date: 05/12/11