Ruby Princess Cruise Review by scbwino

Cabin Category: VS
Cabin Number: D737

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Ruby 4/17/11 Eastern Caribbean
This was our 4th spring break cruise in a row, all on different cruise lines.

Since the Ruby embarked at terminal 29 and disembarked at terminal 2, we parked at Park N Go which was very convenient and quick - no more than 15 minutes from car parked to ship terminal.

The VS stateroom had nice furnishings but seemed a little smaller than our last two suites. On the other hand the balcony was huge - we had up to 13 people out there and there was plenty of room left.

Service was very good at all levels and venues. Food was also good; the appetizers/starters and pasta in the MDR were very good as was the food I tried at the International Cafe and Vines. I couldn't talk my family into a specialty restaurant meal, which was a first for us.

We used Anytime Dinning. Since there were 13 of us traveling together, if we wanted tables next to each other the wait was between 40 - 60 minutes. If we split up, the wait was less than 10 minutes. Never had any other issues with wait times or crowding.

I did not go to any of the shows but my family enjoyed the two they went to. Enjoyed all of the ports but mostly enjoyed my time on the expansive balcony.

Seas were relatively calm except the first full day at sea. We did notice movement and vibrations in our cabin but not enough to really bother us. Only real negative I can think of was occasional smell of cigarettes on balcony - not enough to keep me off of the balcony but noticeable.

Overall, we had a great time and the Ruby is a nice looking ship. We would probably sail her again given the right timing and itinerary. I will post more detail and pictures of D737 on the Princess Message Board.

Publication Date: 05/12/11