Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Troublemonkey: Perfection on the Constellation

Troublemonkey
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Southern Caribbean Cruises

Perfection on the Constellation

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

From the moment my 18 year old son and I arrived at Heathrow Terminal five we were looked after by Celebrity. There was a representative from Celebrity to help us with the check in process. On arrival at Miami airport there were representatives waiting to guide us to our bus that would take us to our hotel.

The Marriott Hotel in Fort Laudedale was very impressive. We had a large hotel room with the most comfy beds we had ever encountered in a hotel, just what we needed after a nine hour flight. The restaurant in the hotel offered either a buffet or waiter service dinner. We opted for the waiter service dinner and found the food was really nice and the service was exceptional.

The next day, we were taken to board the Constellation. From when we reached the dock to finding our cabin was less than 30 minutes. Our cases were with us less than two hours of arriving at the dock.

We then had fourteen days of pure perfection. Our cabin was always spotless and our More cabin steward and his assistant greeted us every morning and every evening. One evening we rushed to get ready for dinner and left a couple of clothes on the couch and came back to find them all folded neatly for us.

We opted for early dining and were seated with three couples. The food catered for both our tastes, my son can be a bit picky but there was always something on the menu for him. I still can't believe it I even tried frogs legs and yes it's true it is just like eating chicken!! Our waiter really knew the menu well and gave us exceptional service. The assistant waiter was brilliant we had so many laughs with him. Both the waiter and assistant waiter got to know everyone by first name and all our different likes and dislikes. The desserts were out of this world and it helped by them bringing examples of the desserts to the table to aid our choice although it just left me wanting all the options!!

The entertainment on the Constellation was the best we had ever experience. Our cruise director Sue Denning was outstanding, she was everywhere and taking part. From dancing to jumping in the pool fully clothed. The shows in the theatre were stunning, the Celebrity cast were very talented. There was a very good variety of entertainment acts, three comedians, two singers, pianist, and a hypnotist. Although we were a little disappointed with the hypnotist as it took half the show for him to get people hypnotised and then we were not fully convinced that the people were actually hypnotised. The music around the ship was brilliant, Momentum the group covered a wide variety of songs most of which both my son and I knew.

This paragraph has to be given to the best entertainer on the ship, Perry Grant. I had heard people talking about him and my son and I decided to see what he was all about. Well he picked my son out and my son loved it. We have never laughed so much. We were in hysterics some nights recalling Perry's show. We must have gone to seen him about 8 to 10 times during the fourteen days and every time was great. To top it all Perry came over as a very nice person.

The activity staff were outstanding, from quizzes to sport to evening entertainment they were there entertaining us. Victoria, Caroline, David and Stephanie all deserved a mention they made our time on the ship so enjoyable.

I marked this cruise overall as a 5+ but I feel this undersells how wonderful this cruise was. We are determined to go on another one soon. Celebrity Constellation definitely delivered for us the holiday of a lifetime. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Inside Stateroom Continental Deck (2)

Here we did the Antiguan experience. Although our guide was excellent we did feel a little bit cheated on this excursion as the reason we booked it was the reference to Mama Nancy telling stories of the island and we discovered near the end that Mama Nancy had other commitments on the island and would not be there.

We still had a lot of fun and saw a lot of the island.

Read 802 Antigua Reviews

Here we did the colourful bus ride. It was very amusing and even funny when the bus ran out of fuel. They got another bus to us within 20 minutes but it was all the fun of the day. We had a very good tour of the island although we probably could have left out the church and lighthouse. We had a beach stop, this beach was a bit too busy but still had a chance for a swim.
Read 682 Aruba Reviews

Our most favourite island. We did a 4 by 4 jeep ride and had a lot of fun with our driver. We saw a lot of the island with plenty of commentary from our driver. We also had a beach stop which was lovely there was hardly anyone on the beach and perfect for a swim.

The local people were charming and we swapped emails with many and are in contact with them.

Read 703 Barbados Reviews

Boring 4 by 4 tour. We were expecting a real adventure but this tour was so sedate I fell asleep in the back of the jeep. We had to keep stopping for people to take photographs of goats, yawnnnnnnnn. There was very little commentary from our driver. We couldn't wait to get back to the ship.
Read 238 Bonaire Reviews

(5.5)
Here we did a 4 by 4 we were a small group and our guide took us very much off road. He was very informative but also great fun. I think because we were a small group we were able to get around and not having to wait for others to keep up. Would do this excursion again definitely.
Read 502 Curacao Reviews

We did a tour of the island with a beach stop. We went up to the top of Fort George pretty amazing but quite a trek. Our guide and driver gave us a great commentary about the history of the island and the fort. The beach was quiet, there was a dog owned by the bar at the beach and he was a delight although some people didn't like him.
Read 356 Grenada Reviews

We took the excursion cruise to the Pitons. This was a good excursion but next time we go to St Lucia we would take a land tour as we only saw the coast line of St Lucia and would have liked to have seen more.

We took a beach excursion here. It was a short ride to a very populated beach but it was very clean and all facilities were close by.