Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Troublemonkey

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Troublemonkey
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: Troublemonkey
Cruise Date: April 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 12
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Perfection on the Constellation
From the moment my 18 year old son and I arrived at Heathrow Terminal five we were looked after by Celebrity. There was a representative from Celebrity to help us with the check in process. On arrival at Miami airport there were representatives waiting to guide us to our bus that would take us to our hotel.

The Marriott Hotel in Fort Laudedale was very impressive. We had a large hotel room with the most comfy beds we had ever encountered in a hotel, just what we needed after a nine hour flight. The restaurant in the hotel offered either a buffet or waiter service dinner. We opted for the waiter service dinner and found the food was really nice and the service was exceptional.

The next day, we were taken to board the Constellation. From when we reached the dock to finding our cabin was less than 30 minutes. Our cases were with us less than two hours of arriving at the dock.

We then had fourteen days of pure perfection. Our cabin was always spotless and our cabin steward and his assistant greeted us every morning and every evening. One evening we rushed to get ready for dinner and left a couple of clothes on the couch and came back to find them all folded neatly for us.

We opted for early dining and were seated with three couples. The food catered for both our tastes, my son can be a bit picky but there was always something on the menu for him. I still can't believe it I even tried frogs legs and yes it's true it is just like eating chicken!! Our waiter really knew the menu well and gave us exceptional service. The assistant waiter was brilliant we had so many laughs with him. Both the waiter and assistant waiter got to know everyone by first name and all our different likes and dislikes. The desserts were out of this world and it helped by them bringing examples of the desserts to the table to aid our choice although it just left me wanting all the options!!

The entertainment on the Constellation was the best we had ever experience. Our cruise director Sue Denning was outstanding, she was everywhere and taking part. From dancing to jumping in the pool fully clothed. The shows in the theatre were stunning, the Celebrity cast were very talented. There was a very good variety of entertainment acts, three comedians, two singers, pianist, and a hypnotist. Although we were a little disappointed with the hypnotist as it took half the show for him to get people hypnotised and then we were not fully convinced that the people were actually hypnotised. The music around the ship was brilliant, Momentum the group covered a wide variety of songs most of which both my son and I knew.

This paragraph has to be given to the best entertainer on the ship, Perry Grant. I had heard people talking about him and my son and I decided to see what he was all about. Well he picked my son out and my son loved it. We have never laughed so much. We were in hysterics some nights recalling Perry's show. We must have gone to seen him about 8 to 10 times during the fourteen days and every time was great. To top it all Perry came over as a very nice person.

The activity staff were outstanding, from quizzes to sport to evening entertainment they were there entertaining us. Victoria, Caroline, David and Stephanie all deserved a mention they made our time on the ship so enjoyable.

I marked this cruise overall as a 5+ but I feel this undersells how wonderful this cruise was. We are determined to go on another one soon. Celebrity Constellation definitely delivered for us the holiday of a lifetime.

Publication Date: 05/12/11