“Beautiful ship; a little impersonal”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

H1022 Celebrity Eclipse 5 Beautiful ship; a little impersonal
H1022
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Check in was efficient and fast by eleven o'clock I was in the stateroom. I found the room to been clean and all the necessary info was laid out on the coffee table except for dinner table assignment. On the main deck, I purchased a drink package (in my opinion one of the best deals on board). The Captain's Club hostess was able to get me a dinner table assignment. So by noon I was settled on the pool deck with an adult beverage.

As usual with Celebrity the baggage arrived about three o'clock and unpacking was very easy. There was plenty of storage space and an abundance of hangers. But unlike Aqua Class, A2 does not have the same high tech shower.

Dinner in the main dining room was better than I had experienced with Celebrity before and continued throughout the cruise.

I only have two minor criticism. The bar staffs were somewhat impersonal and the furniture in the Spa (adult pool)area was beautiful but uncomfortable.

Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Veranda 2A

2A9290
I like balcony cabins and this one was very nice. The TV system was outstanding. We did not lose any channels all the way across.

Port
Took the shuttle in the the city center. The streets were clean and a very nice pedestrian mall with nice shops and restaurants.
Read 513 Lisbon Reviews
Port
Vigo was a typical fishing port. I took the ship tour to Santiago de Compostela since I had walked the pilgrimage in 2007. The ride up the coast to Santiago was beautiful very green with many inlets. Santiago is a medieval city with small streets and a beautiful cathedral.
Read 342 Vigo Reviews
Published 05/12/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?