Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by wallis7219

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by wallis7219
Splendour of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas
Member Name: wallis7219
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: H
See More About: Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Splendour of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Splendour of the Seas Deck Plans
First Time on a RCI Small Ship
We flew in the 21st April the before the sailing on the 22nd April, and stayed at the Popodopoli hotel very close to the Piazzale Roma. It was a great location and approx a 20-30 min walk to St.Marks Square.

Sunday 22 April

We were going to take the people mover from the Piazzale Roma to the cruise ship, but we noticed RCI was arranging free shuttle busses every 30 mins to the cruise ship, so we took advantage of that.

Embarkation was very efficient and there was no queues and we where onboard by 1pm. Although having to show my passport 4 times to get on the ship was a bit much. We only moved about 10 foot and was asked to show it again!

We had an Oceanview Stateroom and it was nicely appointed. The bathroom was looking tired and is in need of the refit, which is planned for November, but everything worked as it should do, so no real complaints.

I have to say for a ship that is 15 years old, she is looking in great shape.

The public areas where always very clean.

The Staff on board the ship from the Captain down to the cleaners always polite, friendly and acknowledged you.

We did My Time Dining which worked really well for us, and I must just give Mihai & Catalin a special mention, as they have been our best waiter & assistant waiter that we have ever had! A great efficient team and both very funny!

The entertainment on board was on the whole good. The lounge and bars had some great bands.

The main shows could be a little bit hit or miss, but they seem to cater for a wide age range, which was good for this ship!

My only complaint I would have is that they need to enforce the No Under 16's rule in the solarium pool. This was rarely enforced and the quiet atmosphere which is what you would normally expect was ruined by screaming kids. On challenging the pool attendants about it, the answer was "what can I do!"

Suffice to say I told him how he could ask them to get out if they were under 16! Amazingly it worked! Its Not rocket Science! Lets hope they remember to keep asking them to get out if they are under 16!

This was our first time on such a small RCI Ship and we were a little apprehensive about it. I'm glad to report that we need not have worried, as by the end of the trip, we all agreed that it was one of the best ships we have sailed on.

Publication Date: 05/12/11
Read the Eastern Mediterranean ports review by wallis7219
More Splendour of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Splendour of the Seas review Read the next Splendour of the Seas review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews