Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by ruthiekb72: Big Bucks for Small Return

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Big Bucks for Small Return

Sail Date: April 2011

Let me start by saying we loved NCL & it was our chosen cruise line in the past...not any more! My husband & I cruised the Epic last October & choose a penthouse suite in the rear of the boat. We had to walk to the front of the boat for everything, ie: private restaurant, private swimming pool, concierge service, etc were all located in the front courtyard. We were never contacted by our concierge for anything & assumed it was because we were in the back of the boat.

Because we liked the entertainment on the Epic we booked & paid for another cruise in April for our entire family. This time we booked a courtyard penthouse for my husband & me & 2 balcony rooms in the front of the boat for my 2 children & their families. My husband & I went to the priority check in for our cabin but were not escorted to our suite by our butler or anyone else. We were told to stop by the concierge desk to meet Monica, our concierge who was busy talking to other More people. We got a handshake from another concierge & proceeded to find our cabin by ourselves. Our butler stopped by to introduce himself & when I told him our family would be joining us in the private areas for the week he said that would be fine. I then met my children & their families at the private door to the courtyard to show them our suite & was rudely questioned my Monica if I knew them...I told her they were with me. We proceeded to go down to the private bar for a drink to wait for the courtyard restaurant to open. A waitress said there would be no problem accommodating our party of 7 but would have to wait for the maitre d. The maitre d arrived promptly at 5:00 & refused our entry because my children were not in the courtyard rooms even though the restaurant was empty & they were my guests!

After a dinner in the Taste Restaurant we decided to meet at our pool for a swim. My adult children were stopped & rudely told that this was a private area by Monica & were not allowed in even if they were visiting us!

As it happens our cruise agent was also on the cruise in a villa on the deck below us & told us he spoke to Monica about allowing our family in the pool area.

At no point in time were we ever contacted by Monica or anyone else for ANY services or apologies for the rest of the week! We had booked all our shows online before the cruise so I guess they assumed we didn't need any escort or priority seating!

No attempt was ever made to correct the situation such as wine or flowers sent to the room & we were left with a bitter taste for the rest of what should have been a wonderful family vacation.

I guess it doesn't matter to NCL either when you pay a high dollar amount & get small dollar rudeness because I reported this same account on the post cruise survey from them & have yet to hear back! Epic Fail! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>