Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by gamecockgrad

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by gamecockgrad
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: gamecockgrad
Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
        3-6 5.0
        7-9 5.0
        10-12 5.0
        13-15 5.0
        16+ 5.0
Rates 5+

Celebrity Solstice 4/24/11-5/01/11
Overall I think the Celebrity Solstice was a first class ship and was a really great value. I arrived at the ship at 12:00 and was on the ship by 12:30. We were greeted by Champagne. We were overwhelmed at the beauty of the ship, but were soon hungry and went to the buffet.

We went straight to the Ocean View Buffet on deck 14. I really enjoyed this buffet and went there several times during the cruise. I was not quite as impressed with the Grand Epernay which was the main dining room where most people on the ship ate in the evenings. The food here was good, but not great. The food is not cooked to order. I had some nice entrees here, but had a few entrees that were under cooked or over cooked.

We went to 3 speciality restaurants Silk Harvest, Murano and Tuscan Grill who cook each entree to order. These reaturants were greatky superior to the Grand Epernay. We purchased a package that cost $79 per person to dine at each of these restaurants once.

My family enjoyed the Silk Harvest which had some very well prepared Asian dished. We had fresh sushi, some great Thai and numerous other well prepared dished.

The Murano restaurant is a French restaurant that had the best service of any restaurant I have ever been to. I have never had my dished taken off my table by two individuals in unison after every dish. The restaurant was elegant and simply quite the experience. The food here is very unique and has items such as Dover Sole which was de-boned at table side. If you want to impress your wife with a romantic evening then bring here here. This does not have a menu for the palate of most children. I brought ny daughters here and they did not really enjoy a lot of the food. I think I lost them at the caviar that was 1/2 inch thick on their first entree. haha

The Tuscan Grill was an Italian Restaurant that had 5 course including dessert. It was a ridiculous amount of food, but overall was very enjoyable. The service and food was what one could expect from a fine Italian restaurant.

We also enjoyed the Aqua Spa Cafe which is only for adults only in the pool area and offered lots of organic items as well small fruit plates, salads and desserts.

Highlights/ suggestions:

1)The grass on deck 15 was a nice treat for lawn bowling and this is where they had the glass blower's from Corning which is very interesting.

2)Get a chair by approximately 8:30-9:00 or you will not get a nice seat by the pool.

3)They have a sale on Friday at 10:00 am that is not heavily marketed. I got 8 shirts for $40 as they wanted to get rid of Celebrity Carribean shirts before leaving for the Mediterrean.

4)Take your own luggage off the ship. We did this and were off the ship fast while others waited to get called to get their luggage that they had left out at night.

5) Be to the shows about 20-30 minutes early to get good lower seats.

6) Check your daily insert as they have BOGO free drinks during certian times of the day. If you bought the alcohol package then this would not apply to you.

7) If you book the Aqua Class you will have access to the Blu Restaurant which is a speciality restaurant. Most people on the ship will not have access to this restaurant unless you are in a specific class of rooms.

8) We enjoyed doing the tour of one of the ship's kitchen. It was amazingly clean which made me feel very good.

9) They have ice cream at the Ocean View cafe all day. It is good and homemade.

10) For $3 you can have gelato which is located near Cafe Al Bacchio. It is quite tasty and also home made.

11) Their is a deck 16 for laying out which you may not find unless you do a little exploring.

12) There is a spectacular buffet at the Grand Epernay on Friday at sea. It is not highly advertised. DO NOT MISS IT!!

13) My room 8253 had a balcony which was in the bump out. It has a huge balcony that is much bigger then the average balcony. Also I had a perfect view on the port side for every place we visited. I also loved where the room was located in the middle of the ship which is the best for a smoother ride. It was also close to the elevators, but not too close where you heard any noise from the atrium. The bed was also next to the balcony. If you can book this room then do it.

14) Even though the cruise only had 75 teenagers my girls absolutely loved Club X on the 15th floor. I barely saw my daughters for one week. They met a lot of great kids their age.

15) If you like taco's and guacamole they had much better then I would have expected on the cruise in the Ocean View Cafe. I also enjoyed the Indian dishes. I also had this one Honey Scone one afternoon that was to die for.

16) The casino looked very nice even though I do not gamble.

17) This cruise has a lot of bars and some incredible bartenders. You will seen what I mean when you see them in action.

18) The cruise has beautiful public restrooms. People who have been on this cruise will know what I mean.

19) If you want organic yogurt in the morning go to the Aqua Spa Cafe. The Ocean View Cafe has generic regular yogurt.

20) Make sure you explore your tv as they have tons of free movies you can view. I must have watched about 6-7 during the cruise.

I hope this helps you plan your visit. Bon voyage!!

Publication Date: 05/12/11