Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by mommamd

Cabin Category: D1
Public Rooms 5+
        10-12 4.0

Spring Break Allure with Tweens and Grandparents
We flew from Indianapolis to Fort Lauderdale the day of the Allure of the Seas cruise. We landed at 11:45 am and were in a cab and on the pier in a short time. We dropped our bags at the pier and checked in on the Diamond line. It is our first Diamond cruise. The lines were short and sweet. We didn't print out our set sail passes early enough (my bad) so we had some extra paperwork, it didnt take long. We were quickly on board and headed to Central Park for roast beef sandwiches. We are married 40 somethings with a 13 yo daughter and 11 yo son. The boy wanted a hamburger, not available at Central Park. We headed to Windjammer for him, and met my 60 something parents there. There was no cut fruit, when I asked where it was it was obtained and delivered to me in minutes. Thanks! We bought the soda package for one child who loves soda then headed to the sports pool for some aqua fun

We had 3 consecutive oceanview balconies on the hump. 2 connected, the steward opened the balcony doors between the 3, this was a nice way for the children to knock on grandpa and grandma's door without going to the hall. No lounger allowed, according to our Colombian steward, only 2 chairs and a table each. Still enjoyed highly, and lucky no cigar or other smokers that we could detect :).

We ate at the MDR, Giovanni's table, and the Samba Grill. The 2 premium restaurants were excellent. I had beef fillet at Giovannis which was excellent, most had pasta, the gnocchi was great, large family platters, way too much food, desserts were great. Samba Grill - high quality meat in our opinion, we are used to Fogo de Chao and felt this was as good. Brazillian sexy dancer comes around, too. Very good service and food.

DH and I hit the night clubs 2 nights, they start hopping at 12:30 am, glow shot glasses, go go girls, great DJs, very fun times. They don't have this in Indiana.

Casino was fun, I left ahead $100 after 4 hours of casino fun, thank you!!

Diamond lounge was perfect, top shelf liquor, wine, mixed drinks, beer, snacks, friendly servers and conceirge. We stopped by in the am for the latte as well.

The shows, we prebooked, were great. Chicago, Blue Planet, Ice show, all great, We een enjoyed the more young kid friendly day time Dive show. I had my pix taken with Shrek and King Julian. We enjoyed breakfast (free) and lunch (not free) at Johhny Rockets on the Boardwalk. We took many spins on the carousel, and enjoyed the fun house mirrors on deck. The view from the Aqua theatre to the back o the ship is Amazing.

Sports deck, ok, the zipline scares me, I am sure it is strong, but really , it is high up there. No thanks. We liked the putt putt, the ping pong (6 tables enclosed to preserve balls, great idea). DS enjoyed the full court basketball.

DH and I enjoyed the adult only pool area, lovely to look at, cantilevered hot tubs.

DS and DH watched basketball from the hot tubs, (Go Butler) and from the On Air sports bar with free popcorn, yumm..

We did excursions:

Dunns River Falls, very fun, out of Falmouth, Allure photographer took a nice photo which we purchased the last night. We could have done without the shopping stop, the alleged Blue Mtn Coffee I bought there tastes like Folgers. Oh Well.

Cozumel, speedboats, very fun, went to warm deserted beach, drove little 2 man boats all around the water, they charge for lockers. Kids enjoyed the post boat ride pool and we all enjoyed the quesadillas, nachos. Beers available too of course.

Labadee - did the coaster this time, not scary at all. did the jet skis again, we love them. Kids can't wait to be old enough to drive. Para-sails sold out weeks ahead. Maybe they need another para-sail boat??

The ship, loved the computer flat screens to find the best way to get to the place you were looking for, as well as the new photo organizers.

Staff very friendly and attentive.

Cabins were perfect, bathrooms well laid out, shower with curved doors.

All of us loved the trip, we booked on a Solstice for next year.

I want to see Oasis now. Allure will have these same shows for awhile. That is good and bad, not likely to repeat and see the same shows!!

Cruise Director, not as many announcements from him, which is fine with me!

Debarkation early and easy, we shuttled to Dollar rent a car and picked up a minivan to drive to the Disney Dream!!!

DH felt the gym small, it seems smaller than Independence and Liberty. We didn't work out as much this trip. Not as good a view from the gym, they gave the Solarium that prime spot ;)

Publication Date: 05/12/11