Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by mrdrdoso

Cabin Category: BF
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

i'm easy to please but some things need fixing
I was very excited to sail the epic but would i sail on it again i don't think so. We sailed out of miami and granted we had problems with our flight but we got to the ship on time and thats all that mattered. embarktion was easy and hassle free, we went to taste for lunch which was nice. when they announced the rooms were ready we were so happy we haven't slept in 24 hours and spent night in jfk, go to our room it wasn't ready neither was our 2 friends. we finally tracked down stewards and they apoligized forever and finally our room was ready. they did comp us a dinner at a specialy restaurant which was nice.

the ship,... poor layout of rooms, i am 6 ft tall and my feet hung off bed by 5 inches, and who designed the bathroom set up. If you are a midget its ok to use the camode but otherwise your knees are hitting the walls, and you can hear everything the person is doing in the bathroom, did not like that at all. The bed was super comfty and the pillows were dreamy, but just too short of a bed.

There is no deck to walk around on lower decks, you have to go to the 15th deck to walk outside, also big DISLIKE is you have to walk through the casino to get to any of the main floors since no elevator goes to the fifth floor, and I am a non smoker and shouldn't have to walk through a smoking area to get somewhere. its not a small area its an entire deck, and if your asthmatic watch out. Bad set up of the ship, who designed it was crazy.

now the good, we loved the manhattan room, had great service and great food. We dined at Moderno's omg so much food and it was so yummy. The shows were great but since it was such big headliners there isn't daily shows to see. Blue man group was fabulous, and dinner at cirque dreams was awesome! The show was fabulous and so was the food, i have read ratings food was bland,it was far from it.

Make sure you go to the ice bar what a fun concept, we enjoyed it and made it the entire 45 minutes.

The pool area is spacious and love there is an adults only pool too bad parents don't think that applies to them. water in pool was fresh not salt water which was great.

With it being a big ship you didn't have any lines to wait in which was nice. but I can say i much prefer the jewel or even the sun due to the layout. I had a great time but didn't like walking through smoke every day and the room layouts, other than that we had a fabulous time, I didn't let those things hamper my good time, Just stating I didn't like them.

I will continue to sail with ncl, but with the new ship coming out I hope they don't use the same layout. Have a great cruise.

Publication Date: 05/12/11