Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by GreghouseO

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by GreghouseO
Vision of the Seas
Vision of the Seas
Member Name: GreghouseO
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
Vison of the Seas --------- What have they done to you?
Just back from a 4 day cruise ex-Southampton.

To preface, Vision was the first RCCL ship I cruised on under 2 years ago August 2009.

* Staff rude and diffident without the glimmer of a smile on their faces

* Dining was a chore, taking 2 hours on 3 off the 4 nights to get our main course served (on one night, the "Headwaiter" came to us and told us there would be a delay because George was stuck in the kitchen whatever that meant

* Head waiter pranced about like a pompous idiot with an inane grin on his face but made no attempt whatsoever to rectify any of the problems.

* I went on this cruise with 3 friends none of which had ever been on an RCCL or Celeb cruise in their lives. Two of them had over 300 nights each cruising Saga, Cunard, Princess and NCL and the other spent over 40 nights crusing on Cunard. As a big big UK RCCL cheerleader I hoped that I might get a couple of converts to the cause.

I have to say that the dining experience was so poor, the staff were so uniniterested, the bar staff so apparently lazy both compared with my first Vision cruise and also with the other ships I have cruised with, that not only do I not have an arguement with my friends views on this, but I actually have to assess for myself where and how to have my own next cruise which is awful, as, thus far I have never cruised (as a paying customer) with anyone else other than RCCL (apart from a 2 nighter on MSC).

We very politely addressed these problems on a daily basis but eventually got so tired with it, that I decided that I would take issue when I get home, as I did not intend to let this incompetance spoil my holiday more than it already had.

Up until this cruise I had always pre-paid gratuities and always tipped on top of the pre-paid amount. For some reason I did not on this cruise, and I am pleased that I didn't. The only person who deserved any sort of gratuity whatosever on this cruise was my cabin attendant, to whom I amply rewarded him for a job superbly done.

I write these comments in sorrow far more than anger, since I am going to have to reassess my holiday options now, and I never felt this would ever happen, until I ran out of cruises or ships.

Publication Date: 05/12/11
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Baltic & Northern Europe Reviews
In need of a Conductor
Marco Polo? Oh no, oh no...
Fab Fijords