Balmoral Cruise Review by anthony mcconville: Iberia during easter

Iberia during easter

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

The ship is of a very good standard and is always being refurbished. Our Cabin was a little on the small size but adequate for our needs. We personally would like a bath rather than shower, but cost prohibits such luxury. The service on board was first class, mainly Filipino waiters and waitresses. The shows were of a reasonable standard with some talented artists. I thought the ports of call could of been better. Casablanca was an utter disaster. I think as this cruise was mainly for the elderly a little more thought could of gone into the shows. We had a British night and a western night, and the shows were of a good standard, however, I got the impression the audience would of preferred a "sing a long" type show on each occasion.

This was the first cruise I have ever had to pay for a "shuttle bus" to get from the ship to the main resort. All other cruises I have been on always provided a "free" shuttle bus service. Cut backs like this do no favours for the cruise line. More

The food as always was plentiful and the quality was superb. I did think the portions in the main dining room could of been a little larger. As I'm a fussy eater I was a little disappointed that the menu didn't cater for "plain food" eaters. Everything I received had one sauce or another poured on it, I don't like sauces.

The price of alcohol on the ship is akin to a reasonable pub price so no complaints there. The "tax free" goods I think were rather expensive for what they were. Overall a good quality cruise, with good staff. Less

Read more Balmoral cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Balmoral Review >>

Cabin review: Balmoral Inside Cabin Marina Deck 3052

Deck 3, Coral Deck, cabin 3052, Inside double. A little on the cramped side. Good sized beds. Good sized wardrobes. Adequate wash room but would of preferred a bath instead of a shower. No headboard to the bed so the wall became the board, but this meant you could feel all the engine vibrations when sitting up and leaning back for such things as reading a book. Otherwise a comfortable and adequate room.

Most interesting all all ports, plenty to see and do.

Plenty of sites to see, lots of shopping opportunities, HOWEVER a very expensive city.

Read 278 Lisbon Reviews