Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by spacastan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by spacastan
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: spacastan
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: N
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

3 Day Party
This may have only been a 3 night cruise and may differ from 7 day cruise who knows. This is the first time we have cruised with Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas and I must admit this is an amazing ship which so much to see and do, and I would like to say the following:

Good Points

Amazing ship with so much to see and do and found it quite easy to get around.

Embarkation/Disembarkation.

Staff extremely friendly.

Inside stateroom, roomy for our needs, clean, comfortable.

Choice of bars and restaurants excellent.

Entertainment, we didn't see any of the main shows on offer but when the quizzes etc where on we found them good.

Food was good (also see bad points).

Cleanliness throughout the ship good.

Bad Points:

Firstly we never knew who our cabin attendant was, no name or introduction, which I found a bit poor.

Food (Main Meal), the food in the main restaurant was ok nothing to write home about the choice on the menu not that great. I must say the food did improve considerably on the second night and was something you could say was amazing.

Shuttle Service to Le Havre was a joke $12 per person per day which took you about twenty minutes as the bus went all round the houses. We walked in the second day and only took us twenty minutes.

There were other little minor points but are trivial really.

In summing up my experience, overall we had a great time and considering some of the reviews saying how expensive drinks were, we found them no dearer then in a nightclub in a city centre it just seems expensive as everything is in dollars.

I thoroughly enjoyed sailing on the Independence of the Seas, and I think Royal Caribbean need to make some improvements but overall I would sail with them again.

I hope I haven't bored you for too long and thank you for reading my review.

Thank you.