Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by MrsPyab

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by MrsPyab
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: MrsPyab
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

3 Night
Our October Oasis Odyssey blew us away so it was with some trepidation I took a short 3 nighter on Indy to see how she compared.

In short the facilities (cabin, food, activities etc.) were not too far off what we found on Oasis - which surprised me as I had not expected to be so satisfied with what was on offer going 'down a class'.

My main motivation to write this review is that I met quite a few first timers on Indy that were quite frankly being put off!!

On this 3 day cruise we unfortunately experienced cold and wet weather which kept a full capacity ship mainly indoors. Add to that a pretty uninspiring port of Le Havre on a grey day and that exaggerated the overcrowded feel.

We had a number of Stag and Hen parties, who gave a lot of entertainment (especially the 'lie down crew' who took to interrupting public events by lying down on the floor motionless - very very funny!!

I approached the future cruise consultant for reassurance on whether I could expect a similar experience on a longer med cruise, she gave 'some' assurance of positive differences. For example on this cruise the staff in the bars and windjammer where very overwhelmed and service levels were affected.

So to summarise, pleased with the food, accommodation and activities, felt stifled by the crowds on such a short cruise. I hope the first timers I met were reassured that this experience was a result of its short nature and bad weather.

Publication Date: 05/11/11