“Carnival Splendor mixed reviews”
Cruise review of Carnival Splendor

Kabah82 Carnival Splendor 4 Carnival Splendor mixed reviews
Kabah82
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I just arrived from my cruise on the Splendor, this marked my 16th cruise, 3rd with Carnival.

Embarkation:

Not very well organized, but was on-board within the hour of arriving, which was around 11:45 or right around there.

Ship:

For being a newer build, it seems a little dated. Not because of the ship being dirty or well maintained, but the decor of the ship was, well, typical Carnival. The lay-out of the ship doesn't "flow" as it does on many other ships, at times it created a problem being too "cluttered" and crowded and some places just seemed hidden or difficult to access. My personal opinion of the decor was that it was an eye-soar, but i was able to move past it and not care about it a few days into the cruise. That being said, there are some nice things about the ship, like the adult only aft pool area, the theater, and some of the lounges were great places to hang out in.

Room:

I had a balcony cabin, pretty standard, roomy, clean, and adequate.

Food:

The food was pretty good for the most part, the deserts were great. The deli's hot turkey sandwiches were the BEST!

Overall:

I have read some negative reviews blaming carnival for some things that really aren't issues that carnival can control... for the exceptional value you get with Carnival, its a wonder to me how they can offer you all they do at the prices they do! Let me put it this way, if you go to a store like wal-mart, would you expect macy's products? I think not. In the end, you get what you pay for, so don't expect Holland America-style service on a carnival ship, and you will realize that its a great value. The service was great, as good as any other line I've been on. the lower fares do come with the disadvantages of the crowds they may draw, but if a nice time on a more limited budget, then this is great. If you are looking for less kids running around, less crowds, and nice decor, look on other lines.

If you have any questions feel free to email me. I don't mean to offend anyone with my review, after all, that's all it is, a review and my opinions.

Freedmotseas@aol.com

• Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8D6208
noisy location! close to door that leads to out to forward viewing area and door would SLAM shut VERY, VERY loud, and also noise/vibration from thrusters could be heard/felt!

Published 05/11/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Splendor Review
Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?