Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Defense Services: First Impressions are lasting

Defense Services
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Bahamas Cruises

First Impressions are lasting

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Galveston

Where to begin? I have never cruised in my life. I got to the terminal and almost turned around and went home but my family kept saying I was going to love it, so onward and upward I went.

Let's just say upon entering the lobby of the Conquest I was blown away. The amount of room on the ship just from the view from the lobby was a relief. But enough of that let me give the lowdown of the cruise.

My room steward was very friendly, upon entering my room he greeted us and introduced himself and knew my name from there on out. I was sailing with my wife and soon to be 1 year old daughter and he volunteered to open the fridge while still in port (even though he was not allowed to) so that we could put the babies food and milk in it.

During the muster call my daughter was very upset and would not be still. I don't know if she was scared or just nervous around all the strangers in such tight quarters so a very nice lady that was handling our section escorted my More daughter and myself into the hall and proceeded to give us the instructions there and allowed us to stay during the muster.

The entire staff of the Conquest was very friendly to my daughter. I think she is going to have the hardest time adjusting to the lack of attention now that we are home. It seemed like every time we turned around another ship mate was treating her like a star.

My fellow travelers were amazing when it came to understanding that infants are temperamental and won't always behave when we want them too. They made this trip the best. My little girl loves to walk hallways and every time I turned around all I heard was here come Ms. Katherine and oh she is so sweet and precious. It made her feel good and made here more acceptable of all the strange people. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Verandah 8384

for a 3 person room it was kinda small especially since I had a crib in my room but other that that there was plenty of storage space and balcony had a great view.