Costa Atlantica Cruise Review by Ladyinflight: A Little Supprised

Member Since 2011

A Little Supprised

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Transatlantic

Costa was just as beautiful as most reviews stated. I didn't find the cabins to be as large as the impression was given. Nothing special there except lots of storage space for those who unpack. Hairdryer in the room kept malfunctioning, was reported, but no resolution of the problem. Cabin maintanence was sufficient, but again, no cute little towel animals at anytime. Requested shower mats at beginning of cruise which were in shower after that until 3 days before cruise ended. I got the impression that things were beginning to get scimppy and winding down. Perhaps staff was getting tired with such a long cruise.

The food was "alright". I found something to eat everyday. The dining room staffing could have been a little more efficient. The drink package they hound you with at the beginning of the cruise, I didn't find a deal, so don't get stuck with that one. They usually had happy hours every evening, which was good for those who did drink.

SHIP TALENT! Poor, poor, More poor. I am a real show person and will not miss a cruise show. I stop going to the shows preferring to stay in the cabin and do laundry.

I think I would try Costa Atlantica again, but on the Cribbean venue. The young animation staff was energetic and kept people busy so I have only compliments for them. They made the difference for me to give Costa another chance. Three strikes and your out.

Last, but not least, the mystery illness. I and lots of others I know came down with some mystery illness (felt like a cold on top of a cold on top of a cold). I don't know what that was all about,(received some caugh syrup from the ship infirmery), but it sure knocked me for a wham. Been back from the cruise over a week, saw my doctor, and still getting over whatever that was. Less

Read more Costa Atlantica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Atlantica Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Atlantica Oceanview with Veranda I Clowns Deck 5212

No complaint about the cabin. Nice view from balcony.

Read 799 Antigua Reviews