Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MrsTooltime: Easter cruise on the Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Easter cruise on the Dream

Sail Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

The ship was very pretty and clean but it was not glamorous like some of the other Carnival ships. It was so big that it took a long time to get from one end of the ship to the other. Our waitstaff in the dining room was pretty good especially our "bar waiter". He was usually "johnny on the spot". The others were OK but not outstanding in any way.

Our cabin steward was a dud. She did the bare minimum to get by and that was all; even when I tipped her extra upon boarding. Guess I should have known when I asked her to deliver ice each afternoon (the morning ice was always melted by 2pm). She told me I would have to call room service for ice. I did that several times but had never had a room steward that was not around in the afternoon and to make sure I had ice for the extra, extra tip at the end of the cruise.

The food was OK but again not outstanding. The dining room "shows" were not much to speak of either. They sang a song or some of the waiters danced in the middle of More the dining room but our waiters by the window just stood there. None of them made an effort to get the guests to participate.

My pet peeve was The Gathering on the lido deck. The lines were long and the food was mediocre. But the biggest irritation was THEY TOOK AWAY THE FOOD TRAYS. You had a large plate to put your food, drink glass etc on but that was it. If you wanted to put several things on a tray to carry it to your table you were out of luck. You did without (as I did) or went back several times to get what you wanted (of course you had to stand in line again).

The entertainment was OK. Went to a late night adults only comedy show and he was pretty good as was the "acrobatic" show. The country music show was a dud.

All in all we had a good time but not due to the effort of the ship staff or entertainment staff. Posted an elaborate door decoration that I made at home and did not even get an honorable mention at the door decoration contest (several told me I was ignored because I included CC as part of the decoration)

Oh well, I did the decoration for my CC friends not the Dream's door contest.

Unless the Dream was going to another port that I really wanted to go to I would not be anxious to get back on this ship. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Dirty and crowded. Will not get off the ship if return to Nassau.
Read 2662 Nassau Reviews

Took a taxi into town in the morning. Most of the shops just had the same tourist junk; did not enjoy the shopping. Took the Carnival Golden Eagle catamaran trip in the afternoon. The excursion was the highlight of our off the ship trips. The staff was wonderful, the ride over to Mullet Beach was nice. Would have liked a chair provided to sit on instead of the sand (had to swim to the beach so couldn't bring anything with you)but the beach was nice and the staff on board was funny and entertaining.

Went to the beach ( I think it was called Sunset Harbor) and it was nice and quiet but if you want a chair you have to hike down the beach, pay for it and drag/carry it back down to where you want to sit and then return it. Cost $5 per chair with a $10 deposit per chair. Nice bar/restaurant nearby.
Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews