Carnival Dream Cruise Review by MrsTooltime

Member Name: MrsTooltime
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Easter cruise on the Dream
The ship was very pretty and clean but it was not glamorous like some of the other Carnival ships. It was so big that it took a long time to get from one end of the ship to the other. Our waitstaff in the dining room was pretty good especially our "bar waiter". He was usually "johnny on the spot". The others were OK but not outstanding in any way.

Our cabin steward was a dud. She did the bare minimum to get by and that was all; even when I tipped her extra upon boarding. Guess I should have known when I asked her to deliver ice each afternoon (the morning ice was always melted by 2pm). She told me I would have to call room service for ice. I did that several times but had never had a room steward that was not around in the afternoon and to make sure I had ice for the extra, extra tip at the end of the cruise.

The food was OK but again not outstanding. The dining room "shows" were not much to speak of either. They sang a song or some of the waiters danced in the middle of the dining room but our waiters by the window just stood there. None of them made an effort to get the guests to participate.

My pet peeve was The Gathering on the lido deck. The lines were long and the food was mediocre. But the biggest irritation was THEY TOOK AWAY THE FOOD TRAYS. You had a large plate to put your food, drink glass etc on but that was it. If you wanted to put several things on a tray to carry it to your table you were out of luck. You did without (as I did) or went back several times to get what you wanted (of course you had to stand in line again).

The entertainment was OK. Went to a late night adults only comedy show and he was pretty good as was the "acrobatic" show. The country music show was a dud.

All in all we had a good time but not due to the effort of the ship staff or entertainment staff. Posted an elaborate door decoration that I made at home and did not even get an honorable mention at the door decoration contest (several told me I was ignored because I included CC as part of the decoration)

Oh well, I did the decoration for my CC friends not the Dream's door contest.

Unless the Dream was going to another port that I really wanted to go to I would not be anxious to get back on this ship.

Publication Date: 05/11/11