Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by RJAYL: Location Location Location or Getting what you pay for!

RJAYL
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 3.3

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Location Location Location or Getting what you pay for!

Sail Date: April 2011

I want to be short & concise with this review (It is my first!) The largest problem with the Epic is the Cabin Size & location's of the bathrooms!

We had 3 cabins for 6 of us My Wife & I were in a Penthouse Villa & could not move around the cabin without bumping into each other! We had my two young (6 & 9 year old) daughters in an attached balcony & my teenagers 16 & 18 in an inside stateroom (closet)!

Location,it is better to have a cabin mid-ship to forward as the forward elevators access more. The Buffet the kids club the theater the shops, O'Sheehans the pool (easier)& the courtyard if you are traveling concierge!

Food the Buffet is fine (Loved Loved Loved the Indian food) we liked Teppanyaki but all the Extra charges for most of the restaurants are unwarranted! We have dined at the upscale supper clubs on Disney Carnival & Royal & I would rate all of them higher than any of the dining experiences that I paid for on the More Epic! The Courtyard Club is fine, but not outstanding(no charge). The Italian restaurant was horrible!

The best part of the Epic is the Entertainment & the Slides! Loved the Epic Plunge!!!!!!

If I had it to do over I would have booked a Courtyard Villa and an Inside stateroom or Studio for my oldest who is a senior in High School and 18!

Which as it turns out was unlucky for him as he was barred from the teen club because he was 18! It took him half of the cruise to overcome this obstacle to socialization!

The clubs were good (not Disney good) but they were open all the time (This is a great benefit as it allows you to schedule your day freely!)(However they do charge for club service on port days and after 10:30PM $6 for 1st child & $4 for each additional child per hour). They do not feed the children except for lunch on port days.

Although we participated in 2 Slime Time Live shows & my middle daughter got selected & slimed:-) (highlight for her) we never saw any of the characters on or around the ship! (Big Disappointment)

Okay, are we willing to give NCL another try yes (already booked a courtyard Villa for 5, my son will be in College)I am hoping that the better location will improve the cruise experience for us!

We will skip most of the pay restaurants we already have been too, although we might give Cagney's a try & Shanghi's (did Moderno's La Bistro & the Noodle Bar)might go back to Teppanyaki's. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 12317

We were in 12317 & 12315 all experienced heavy vibrations during docking or any course correction!

Nice inexpensive beach you can do on your own or stay in the cruise port for shopping pool or restaurant.

If you cannot find something to do in Cozumel you are not trying, so stay on the ship & relax! Otherwise go out & shop or have some fun!
Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews

Nice Island we hired a van & tour guide for a visit beautiful beaches & plenty of water sports!
Read 1649 Roatan Reviews