Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by keesha_lou

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by keesha_lou
Member Name: keesha_lou
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Nice Easter Break
I took my daughter on the Radiance of the Seas to celebrate her 18th birthday. We're both sun lovers, so the 2 days at sea was appealing to both of us. The ship is beautiful! Upon registration, we were informed that our cabin had been switched to a different deck, but the registration agent had no idea why. Upon locating our cabin, we were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a balcony stateroom. The dining room food was excellent every night and the Windjammer food was good too. Dress codes were not enforced in the dining room, which was a bit disappointing.

Our port stop was Cozumel and we did the Passion Island by motorized catamaran shore excursion. It was a very good excursion and everything on Passion Island is all-inclusive, which makes it a good value for the money too. At port, we enjoyed Senor Frog's and had a great time there.

We had a couple of disappointments along the way, but they didn't ruin our time:

1. There are signs posted that there was a 30 minute limit on leaving your things on a deck chair. I can appreciate a time limit on unused chairs because on previous cruises I've seen them go unused for hours at a time. They were so strict on the limit that a pool attendant walked around with a post-it and wrote down the time that he noticed a chair was unattended and stuck the post-it on the chair. I personally think that's going a little overboard on trying to enforce the policy. They would even wake people up who were napping to tell them the chair next to them needed to be occupied within 30 minutes. I think their limit should be at least an hour so you could go eat lunch, enjoy the pool, get a spa treatment or play bingo without worrying about them confiscating your personal items. That kind of defeats the purpose of a leisurely day at sea.

2. Also, I was thrilled that they offered Easter services on board on Easter Sunday. They offered a Roman Catholic service and in Interdenominational service. Unfortunately, the Roman Catholic priest was scheduled to handle both services. He admitted at the beginning that he had no idea how to handle the Interdenominational Service and told us that he wouldn't be offended if we left. They also offered a telecast of Joel Osteen at the same time that had music and a message by Joel. Since I'm not a Joel Osteen fan and was concerned about the loss of my deck chair (see point number 1), I went back to the pool instead of staying for the service.

3. My daughter attended a seminar at the spa titled 5 Steps to Healthy Skin. She had high expectations, but was really disappointed. It was over in less than 10 minutes and she got no useful information.

Publication Date: 04/27/11