Carnival Pride Cruise Review by tlw1979: Trust the negative reviews... like floating in a Wal-mart.

tlw1979
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bermuda Cruises

Trust the negative reviews... like floating in a Wal-mart.

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

Sadly, the first few moments in the room were spent picking up pills found on the floor from the previous guest, scrubbing in the outside of the bathroom toilet and toilet seat, due to its complete lack of cleanliness and yes, I mean what you think I am implying. It was hard to feel comfortable going forward in this environment. Additionally the lounge area waiters offered to take a drink order only one time over the 7 day experience. The restaurant waiter never appeared on our one night in the dining room sending us out to the Prominade bar to get our own drinks. Despite a few pleasant staff members like our restauarant waiter and the spa staff, the overall experience left us feeling more like we were in the way of staff socialization and not being acknowledged, let alone taken care of. One front desk staff member talked to us like we were stupid, despite being given improper debarkation information. We were surprised to find the shore excursions $50 cheaper as booked on our own. The More Lido buffet areas felt like shopping at Walmart on Black Friday. The outside pool areas could aptly be renamed "Smoker's Paradise." The Serenity pool was dirty nearly daily. Soot from the ship snowed in the air covering our clothes upon leaving port. There was a smell of chemicals so strong in our room one day that we had to leave for hours while maintenance worked on this, when all we wanted at this point was a nap. This was sadly the most disappointing vacation my wife and I have taken in our 7 years together. For $1900 for cruise fare, an $800 room bill, and the cost of lost vacation days, dog kennels, etc, we left very unhappy.

Only a year ago, we traveled on the Carnival Miracle and left raving about the staff, the pleasantries, the pampering. We debarked wondering if the Miracle vacation was a fluke or was it the trip on the Pride. Either way, we'll play it safe in the future.

My wife said it best. The staff on the Carnival Pride made no effort to create the illusion. The last thing I want to feel like while on vacation is a bother. It's worse when you don't feel clean or comfortable. Despite Carnival's lower fares compared to other cruise lines, the value was still way below expectations based upon previous experiences.

After contacting them and reporting the disappointment, we essentially got a "that sucks" and no hint of an attempt of "what can we do to make this right or keep you coming back?" So, I thought I could at least prevent others from making the mistake we did. Trust the ship reviews. Having read other Pride reviews, I'm just glad I didn't get food poisoning. It's good to be home. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>