Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by viajar4me: Smooth Sailing On The Imagination

viajar4me
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean Cruises

Smooth Sailing On The Imagination

Sail Date: April 2011

This was my fourth cruise with Carnival cruise lines. I sailed on the Destiny almost 10 years ago, and have been on the Inspiration twice in the past 5 years. I was pleased with the Imagination. Its configuration was identical to the Inspiration, so I had no problems getting around. However, the deck buffet was better than on the other ships. My family enjoyed the Mongolian BBQ side where you selected ingredients and the chefs cooked them for you. The dinners were very good, and breakfast in the dining room was better than on the deck, which is always the case. The chicken ceasar salad at the pizzeria was great, I ate about 4 of them during the trip.

I was very tired and wanted to just relax on this trip, so I didn't hang out much in the clubs this time. One cousin went to the salsa club every night, and I accompanied her once there and to the regular disco. We saw the two comedians on the last night and they were pretty good. Others in our group went to the Vegas More style show and enjoyed it.

We never got a chance to enjoy the Serenity Deck, it was full all the time. I was disappointed, this is one of my favorite spots. The fitness room was clean and the machines were in good working order.

The staff were friendly and hard-working, as usual. There was someone cleaning something all the time and the ship was in great shape. The one criticism was our toilet looked a little old and worn but the bathroom was very clean.

Overall, I really enjoyed the Imagination. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Interior Main

This was the first time I had a cabin at the front of the ship and I was concerned I would feel more motion. I didn't feel any more activity than I have in mid-ship on my other cruises. We had an interior room.

Both my trips on the Inspiration were supposed to include Cozumel. The first time it had been beaten by the hurricane, the second time swine flu was swirling around Mexico. I think fate tried to tell me I'm not supposed to go to Cozumel.

I absolutely love the beach, and that's my main purpose for traveling to the Caribbean. I couldn't wait to get to Cozumel. I had read online reviews and selected Paradise Beach. (we took taxis, Carnival excursions are too expensive) I was so disappointed - the sand had shells and when you walked into the water there were rocks; ouch. The water wasn't pretty, clear and blue/green and it smelled "fishy". I stayed in there 5 minutes, then spent the rest of the day in the pool. Maybe other beaches are better.

The pool is very nice. We loved putting our lounge chairs in the water. Paradise Beach is a public facility and is nice and clean. There is no admission fee, they ask that you purchase a minimum of $10.00 in food and drinks, which is unavoidable because the food is a little pricey. They had drink specials, I had a Windex that was delish! (tequila, blue curacao and 7-up)

Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews

I've been to Key West before and it is not a favorite place for me. The beaches are bad and nothing else there interests me. I got off the ship to hang out with my family. We visited the Key West Winery and had free wine samples; they ship for free. We bought souvenirs at shops in town.

DO NOT PAY FOR THE TROLLEYS UNLESS YOU WANT A TOUR. There is a free little train that comes to the ship and takes you into downtown. The main area is small enough for you to walk around, so there is no need to spend money on a trolley if that's all you're going to do.

I rarely pay for Carnival excursions, they usually are too expensive. I research activities online and set up my own activities for less money.

Read 738 Key West Reviews