Disney Dream Cruise Review by andmiti: Disappointed with Disney not so Dreamy

Disappointed with Disney not so Dreamy

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I took our 2 and 3 year old little girls on the Disney Dream expecting an amazing vacation. It did not live up to our expectations.

I will start with the few things we did like:

Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly and easily

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah was a nice size for a cruise ship

Atlantis Paradise Island excursion that allows you to swim and visit the aquarium at the resort is very nice.

What we didn't like:

I was shocked at how overwhelmed the waitstaff appeared to be in the restaurants. We had the early dinner and it took about 2 1/2 hours on average for dinner. This was way too long with our kids. The portion sizes where small. I could barely get a single glass of water with dinner, no one ever refilled my glass of water, let alone offered me another glass of wine. There were no activities to keep my kids entertained during the long dinners. There was not even crayons and coloring books at More the tables. I had to carry toys in my purse to keep them occupied while we waited for food. The desserts were very small!

Lines on the ship to see characters were so long it would take hours to wait. Impossible with kids as small as mine, especially for the princesses.

Activities were lacking, and I believe Royal Caribbean had much more to offer guest to do.

The movie theater played newly released movies, but at such odd times we were unable to attend. For instance playing Tangled at 10pm, when most little ones would be sleeping.

The kids club was a complete disaster and an accident waiting to happen in my opinion. I would never feel safe leaving my girls unsupervised in there. There is no one person assigned to watch over your child, while random parents are playing with their own children in the play areas. It was impossible for staff to know what child belongs to what parent until they were being checked out of the club. Anyone could have approached my unsupervised child while in the club. The area, although nice, is large and many kids were just running around in there.

I was lucky and got a decent price on this vacation. It was about $2,800 for 4 nights 5 days. The same vacation during peak season would have cost me over $7,000. I would have been irate if I would have spent this amount of money on this cruise. It was not worth it at all. I believe Royal Caribbean was much much better. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 6 6604

Good location, easy access to elevators, quiet, roomy