“Very nice ship”

Roboat
Member Since 2003
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I am 64, have been cruising 10 years. Since my wife was visiting a friend in Scotland, I booked a solo inside cabin with a very low single supplement. I drove from Orlando.

Overall, I though the experience was slight notch above other cruises. I must ride a mobility scooter, and I am also fat, so I encountered the usual looks and comments from a few passengers in the elevators about how great it must be to not have to walk. On the whole, however, passengers were helpful.

The inside cabin seemed very small. Bathroom is great, with plenty of storage. The ship itself is beautiful. There is a wonderful book in each cabin describing the artwork, which helped me appreciate the splendid artwork on display around the ship. I highly recommend reading through it within the first day or two. VERY quiet.

The staff were exceptionally cordial when they passed by; many were Eastern European. My room steward, Widhi, was attentive, pro-active and kind. The MDR waiters might occasionally forget to bring bread or refill water glasses, but they were fine overall. The buffet staff were exceptionally kind and helpful, much appreciated, since it is difficult to manage a plate of food while driving.

Room service was quick to respond and the food was usually hot. I had a little problem deciphering the breakfast order form, and once ended up with with 3 complete breakfasts. I thought the coffee was good, btw. And the sausage links are really good!

MDR food was good, with a tad more variety than other cruise lines. Escargo, lobster bisque, steak, shrimp cocktail, etc. were always available on the Everyday menu, along with creme brulee. The 2 steaks I ordered medium-rare were both dry and overcooked to medium well. I did not try filet mignon. Lobster was dry as well. Cheeses were non-descript.

Murano's was a real treat. I enjoyed the Lobster Murano, except the waiter was speaking to the folks at the table next to me as she prepared my dish tableside. But, it was delicious, as were the cheeses.

I only saw a couple of evening shows. I really enjoyed the adult comedy guy. I might have enjoyed the La Nouba-type show, but the staff moved me 5-6 times. It was embarrassing. I would have enjoyed the in-room free movies, but subtitles don't work.

Embark and debark were OK.

Ended on a great high note: I did not have to pay $140 parking fee, because I had my handicapped tag!

Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?