Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by montanakid: Regent is fabulous, love the Seven Seas Navigator

montanakid
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Navigator Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Regent is fabulous, love the Seven Seas Navigator

Sail Date: March 2011

My mother was kind enough to take me on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean this year, and it was a fantastic trip. It was my very first cruise, and everyone told me I'd be "spoiled" by going with Regent for my first cruise. They were right!

I loved the smallness of the ship: only 490 passengers. We had one of the few non-balcony suites, but that didn't matter at all - we had a fabulous view out the big window, and I could always go up on deck if I wanted to be outside.

Everything was relaxed, yet genteel. I really had the feeling that every single Regent employee genuinely wanted me to have a wonderful time: from our sweet & efficient stewardess Jane, to the cruise director Lorraine, to Noel who works in the Pool Bar, to the Captain himself, John MacNeill. Loved his bagpipe anthems steaming us out of port!

The excursions were great, too. I did a lot of snorkelling and enjoyed it all. The best was probably off of Grand Turk, where the sea plummets to 7000 More ft! And, the "bike, hike, kayak" adventure on the Dominican Republic was unique, too, in that we were (mostly) alone in the forest. Loved it.

I like that I saw a number of Regent employees off the ship when we were in port, including some on our excursions. I think (hope) Regent treats and pays its staff well, because they seem to be happy with their jobs, and that makes for an even better experience for the passengers, too.

I'm already trying to figure out my next cruise on Regent! Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review >>

Cabin review: Seven Seas Navigator Window Suite Deck Five 527

527 is centrally located - you're just steps away from the stairwell or the elevators, also from the Compass Rose restaurant. And, you're just one deck away from the Navigator coffee bar, Internet library, and Reception/Concierge/Destination Services. So, it's a great location.

The Cruise Center at Grand Turk is nothing special - it feels like a mall in Anywhere, USA. But, get a taxi, or a bicycle, or something so that you can explore the small island - it's well worth the effort.

Also, do a snorkelling or diving excursion: it's fantastic!