Crown Princess Cruise Review by KeKe96: Great Cruise!

Crown Princess 5
KeKe96
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Great Cruise!

Sail Date: April 2011

I have been reading other reviews to get a feel of what I was expecting. I don't understand the negative comments because I enjoyed this cruise very much. The food, staff, shows, and tourism was great. The only two negative events were not being to port in Honduras due to the wind and Princess Cays being boring when not participating in the water activities.

My husband and I partcipated in almost all the activities. We even tried the dry cleaning and my white shirt hasn't been that bright since the day I bought it! The shows were nice although my husband was "insulted" with the "Motown Show". My birthday was during the week and my stateroom was nicely decorated on the outside. The food was awesome at the sit down dinners and breakfast. We didn't get a chance to sit down for lunch. The daytime buffets were okay. The food temperature could've been hotter. There was one cafe that sold gelato but had free greek salad. The salad was really good.

There were way too many kids More but it was understandable due to a lot of U.S. states were on spring break.

I was disappointed with not being able to view Honduras due to the strong winds, but Princess made up for it by increasing the activities for the day.

Spa was nice. Ladies did a wonderful job with the massage and manicure.

It's too bad the ports of call were only 6-8 hours on average. It seems like my husband and I were rushing to return on boat.

I spent way too much money but it was nice to get good prices for jewelry and watches. I advise to not spend all your money on the princess shore excursions and tours. It's much cheaper to go on tour with the independant companies on the islands.

I would definitely go on the same boat and ports of call again. Less

Published 04/25/11

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: OE Oceanview

My oceanview room was in the middle of ship so the waves weren't bad. Also the hallways were quiet. I advise to stay in the middle of ship because of the waves and close to the elevators/stairs.

Read All Oceanview (OE) Reviews >>

This was our second time going to Cozumel, Mexico and it was soooo much better than the first time. Go with the taxi and negotiate pricing. We ended up paying for a two and half hour tour of island for $50. He even gave us time to eat at a restaurant.
Read 4590 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Cayman was wonderful. Again, go with an indepandant company for tour. We paid $20 person for a two hour tour.

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

KeKe96
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X