Crown Princess Cruise Review by Simmy: April 2011

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

April 2011

Sail Date: April 2011

Nice cruise, people were pretty friendly. Only ran across a few rude staff especially when waiting to tender. My biggest complaint was to see that that substitute sugar in the yellow packet is nutrasweet instead of splenda. The blue packet looked like equal but it was nutrasweet too. The coffee is bad enough but then to put nutrasweet in it every day !! Yuck. I did find some splenda in the Crown Grill. 50 dollars extra for the cover charge but i did take a few splenda ( I confess) . Gary was our sweet waiter!!

The Internet cafe was a joke ! It was so slow and most times impossible to log on. The manager was very nice about it but I'm sure glad I didn't have to do anything on line. I did lose my email account which I had for 20 years. It crashed onboard and all is lost. Everything. Aol can't retrieve it. So beware. They do rent ipads now. So if the server works it would be fun.

We have taken 10 cruises on Princess and have #11 planned for August to the Holyland. More

As far as the ship: It certainly needs to be updated. Floors, walls, elevator doors, rugs show age.

Room service was very quick and timely. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Caribe 303 L

Tiny room, close to pool and buffet. Small balcony : room for 2 chairs. Covered balcony: didn't get too hot. No sofa.