Thomson Spirit Cruise Review by Kim Scobie: My first, my last with thomson cruises!

Kim Scobie
0 Post

My first, my last with thomson cruises!

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Tenerife

1. Arriving at glasgow airport to be told that the Island Escape was not ready and that we were now travelling on the Thomson Spirit, no prior notice given about the change.

2. Cabin was not of a good standard, shower area looked dirty.

3. Looking round the ship we noticed how dirty the 2 pools looked, the overall impression of the ship was that it looked tired and dated.

4. Loud noise and vibrations that came from the engines was 24/7, we became more and more tired as our sleep was being disturbed.

5. Food was disappointing on board, apart from the one meal at the A La Carte restaurant. Staff had an attitude problem at the Compass Rose, the Lido was like school dinners.

6. Never got to Morocco because of poor weather conditions, major disappointment!

Within a couple of days on board norovirus was making people ill, hygiene was supposed to be of the utmost importance but on the day prior to us disembarking, staff a the poolside Lido More restaurant were serving food and flies were landing on the salad bar, none of the staff seemed bothered about this and i walked away in disgust, i had eaten there the day before! Travelling home on the 18th February i became very unwell with norovirus and was off work for a week.

This holiday was to celebrate my 50th birthday and our silver wedding anniversary , special occasions but this holiday will only be remembered for all the negatives associated with it!

I have not written a review till now as we had waited to see what response we would get from Thomson after travel customer support regarding our complaint, basically you need to sit and go through all the terms and conditions before you book a holiday because that is all you get quoted. Our thomson advisor who we booked the holiday with told us there had been numerous complaints and that we were due compensation. Thomson say they listen to customers but the truth is they don't. We will never book another cruise with Thomson again. Less

Read more Thomson Spirit cruise reviews >>