Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by usinsummerwood: 20 year anniversary-1st cruise

usinsummerwood
Member Since 2011

Public Rooms Not Rated

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

20 year anniversary-1st cruise

Sail Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

This ship was beautiful. Embarkment took about 40 min. Every staff member was so accomodating and sweet. Our waiter, Bone was great. The main dining room has 3 floors and is beautiful. We ate lobster, ny strip, shrimp, lots of great stuff. The roller blading, ice skating, wall climbing, putt putt is all free and they provide you with what you need. Don't forget to pack socks and long pants for ice skating though- mandatory. The love and marriage show, Quest and comedians were great! There's live reggae music at the pool that I just loved.

The dining room is free food. There's the Windjammer and the Island Grill that are connected and free. They are like any buffet. There's also the cafe promenade that's free offering pizza, desserts and sandwiches. The casino was fun but stinks like old cigarettes. Make sure you go to the Quest- it was fun. There's also portraits taken on the formal nights- some of these photographers take amazing pics. They are More about $20 for each 8x10. The room service is free is you order before midnight. We had a bacon cheeseburger, chips with spinach dip and fried fish- all very good! If you miss a show, you can watch it on your tv the next day. We loved our cruise- we had so much fun.

The beer runs about $4-5 each, drinks run about 8-12. There are specials of the day for $5.95 and tips are already included for drinks. All tea, lemonade, milk, orange juice, apple juice and water is free (not water bottles) and soda costs extra.

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6 9223

We had an interior room. You can think it's midnight in the middle of the day if you turn off the lights. It had a big, so comfortable bed with 4 pillows. They change your sheets everyday and clean about 2-3 times a day. It was tiny. There's a tiny couch, coffee table, desk, tv, 2 night stands. The bathroom has great water pressure and hot water is instant. There's lots of shelves in the closets and throughout the room. There's a safe and refrigerator stocked with sodas and water for a charge when you drink them.

We stopped in Cozumel first. We snorkeled but I will describe the port first. The boat was side by side another cruise ship but it wasn't very crowded here. This was the nicest port of all three. As soon as you get off the ship, there are open shops that are very clean and neat. Credit cards are accepted. Jewelry and liquor is pretty cheap. We have been to Mexico borders before and this is nothing like them. There's no one asking for money and food (that's always hard for me to see). There are many shops here and are cheap. I bought cozumel denim caps 2 for $10, wooden flutes for $1, t-shirts are 5 for $20 and $10 each. There's beautiful skirts and sundresses about $20 each. My favorite thing that I regret not buying was the red coral. I wish I bought a necklace because we spent time in the water and the red coral would have reminded us of it. We also took a taxi to town- all this shopping is on the beautiful water. We went to look at Diamonds International- and we must have passed about 15 Diamonds International stores before getting to the "real" one. We hadn't scheduled any excursions because we just couldn't make up our minds. You can schedule your excursions using your t.v. in your stateroom. We waited to the very last minute and tried to schedule it the night before arriving at the port and most excursions were sold out, then they eventually close and you can't schedule one. I read that we could go to deck 5 at 7am and see what was available. We really had wanted to get on a catamaran and snorkel. We were able to schedule that morning for about $60 each. When we exited the ship, and walked down the pier, we found our catamaran loading people. We booked with the Fury and we had so much fun! They have a professional photographer that took pics of us as we got on, in the water snorkeling. We bought pictures for about $11 each. They gave us snorkels, masks and flippers. There were about 130 of us but it was very large and we had plenty of room. There was instruction and then after we arrived to where they were taking us, we snorkeled. There weren't many fish but we had fun. After snorlkeling, we were taken to a private beach. On the way, we had all the beer and margaritas we wanted for free and music was played. The beach had huts with tables, lawn chairs on the beach, a row of hammocks and actual double sized beds! It was a very neat, clean and organized set up- we were the only ones there. The staff cooked up some hamburgers, but they were about $9 each. In the water, there was a trampoline, slide and other fun things. We had so much fun here. We spent about 45 snorkeling and 45 min at the beach. On the way back, they played music on the boat and a lot of us, including the staff, danced.
Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

We didn't schedule an exursion here. We got off the ship and found stores here. It was like a small shopping mall but not like Cozumel. I didn't find good deals- there was a limited amount of souveniers. Margaritaville was fun! We took a taxi for $4 each to the beach (public), rented a chair, umbrella and snorkel/mask for about $25 and relaxed. There's a place on the beach to buy drinks and food. There was a local selling coconuts that he'd chop the tops off of and put in a straw so we could drink the juice for $2. We loved this day too. We took a taxi back to the pier and went to Margaritaville. It's a 2 story bar with a souveneir shop on the bottom floor. Upstairs is the bar/ restaurant and it had a water slide and pool. We had 3 drinks and shared a huge plate of nachos for $72.

We went to Jamaica. This is a new port under construction that I think only Royal Carribean docks. It's very nice. There are vendors under the shade and I thought were much less pushy than compared to Cozumel. This was my favorite place to buy souveneirs- lots of hand crafted items. I bought a wooden carved fish for $20, Jamaican dresses for $10-15. There is live music, men walking on stilts and lots of security. You can cross over to the town but it's completely different- people are putting things on you trying to get you to buy items. We turned around right away and went back. Royal Carribean has arranged free shuttles to take us to a shopping center that I wouldn't recommend. Lots of shops that are overpriced. I wished we had gone to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica.