Carnival Dream Cruise Review by barb27330: Carnival Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Dream

Sail Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I just came off the Carnival Dream after a 7 day cruise. I enjoyed this ship especially the additional decking on Deck 5 with the hot tubs. I found that I spent more time there, away from the main pools with all of the kids.

I agree with some of the reviews about kids running around. These parents take their kids on vacation and then forget about them.

The only disappointment I had was that on the night that they had the Michael Jackson Tribute in the Caliente Lounge (it is suppose to be for 18 and older), they allowed small children to attend. I did not enjoy trying to dance with kids running all over the dance floor. It seems the Carnival Crew members must have had blinders on because they did not stop them. They should have a seperate time for kids to attend.

As far as the food, I ate dinner in the Dining Room every night and enjoyed all of the meals. I did not have to cook or clean for a whole week, so I found the meals to be enjoyable.

I will say that More my Room Steward and Dining Room Waiter were not as good as ones I have had on previous ships. They were just okay. I normally will give my steward and waiter an extra tip, but I did not do that this time.

All in all, I would go on this ship again. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper

My cabin was a decent size. Great balcony, Closets were good except they do not give you enough hangers for all of your clothes. I always make sure my travel agent gets me a room away from the elevators because my husband is a light sleeper.

I did not go on a shore tour in this port because I have been there numerous times and just wanted to shop. I found them to be comparable to St. Thomas.
Read 2663 Nassau Reviews

I went on the French-Dutch Island Experience Shore Tour and enjoyed it. St. Maarten is a beautiful island and the scenery is just breathtaking. I did find their jewelry stores to be more expensive than the other two islands.

Again, I did not do a shore tour on this island because I wanted to shop. I have previously bought diamonds from Noble Jewelers and was not disappointed when I got the ring appraised in the US. I did purchase another item and am sure that I won't be disappointed. I also visited Diamonds International where my husband bought a new watch for a reasonable price.
Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews