Norwegian Sky 5

Jeebs
Member Since 2011
146 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My wife and I just returned from a 3 night weekend cruise to the Bahamas on board the Norwegian Sky. We had a wonderful time. We chose Norwegian for the "freestyle" dining and the availability of a shorter itinerary. We wanted to go on a shorter cruise because we weren't sure if my wife would get seasick (she has a tendency to get motion sick). She didn't!

The ship, while old, was in great shape. To my knowledge, it was just in dry-dock a couple of years ago. We had a balcony room and loved it. I cannot recommend a balcony enough! The crew was wonderful, everyone great.

The only downfall was the food. It was pretty bad at the buffet on our first day. The MDR food was better but still nothing to write home about. On our next cruise (aboard the Pearl) we plan on trying the restaurants that have a cover charge.

I would highly recommend this trip for anyone who is a first timer because you can try it out without dedicating a week or more and anyone looking More for a great weekend away. Less

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Mid-Ship Balcony

BA9033
The cabin was good. It had adequate space in the closet for all of our luggage. Drawer space was limited though.

Nassau was great. We did the Blue Lagoon beach day. It was perfect. It was nice and quiet, perfect water, perfect sand and plenty of chairs.
Read 4036 Nassau Reviews

Published 04/23/11

Helpful? Thank Jeebs
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?