Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Jeebs: Excellent First Cruise

Overall Member Rating

Excellent First Cruise

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Bahamas

My wife and I just returned from a 3 night weekend cruise to the Bahamas on board the Norwegian Sky. We had a wonderful time. We chose Norwegian for the "freestyle" dining and the availability of a shorter itinerary. We wanted to go on a shorter cruise because we weren't sure if my wife would get seasick (she has a tendency to get motion sick). She didn't!

The ship, while old, was in great shape. To my knowledge, it was just in dry-dock a couple of years ago. We had a balcony room and loved it. I cannot recommend a balcony enough! The crew was wonderful, everyone great.

The only downfall was the food. It was pretty bad at the buffet on our first day. The MDR food was better but still nothing to write home about. On our next cruise (aboard the Pearl) we plan on trying the restaurants that have a cover charge.

I would highly recommend this trip for anyone who is a first timer because you can try it out without dedicating a week or more and anyone looking More for a great weekend away. Less

Published 04/23/11

Helpful? Thank Jeebs

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: BA9033 Mid-Ship Balcony

The cabin was good. It had adequate space in the closet for all of our luggage. Drawer space was limited though.

Read All Mid-Ship Balcony (BA) Reviews >>

Nassau was great. We did the Blue Lagoon beach day. It was perfect. It was nice and quiet, perfect water, perfect sand and plenty of chairs.
Read 3800 Nassau Reviews