Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Bisky

Member Name: Bisky
Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: MC

Norwegian Epic a pleasant surprise
This was my first cruise. I've always thought a cruise would be like being stuck in a hotel, but it was not at all like that. The process to board and disembark the ship was seamless. The room was fantastic and I loved it. The freestyle dining was also great as I tried several different restaurants and lounges. I especially liked the ice bar, and Shakers. Add to that the daily room service breakfast, and pizza delivery at the touch of a button and I was in heaven.

The shows were OK, but I'm not really a fan of these types of shows, not a fan either of casinos. Really liked sitting on the deck in the sun, but went out early, about 8:30 to 11:00 to avoid the crowds. This also allowed me the opportunity to use the jogging track in the afternoon when it too was empty. The jogging track was a little bit of a disappointment, only on one side of the ship, but the exercise room was state-of-the-art.

The ports were interesting, but there was not much time to enjoy them after an excursion. I went sailing/snorkeling in St. Maarten, Kayaking, hiking and snorkeling in St. Thomas. My scuba dive was cancelled the night before because not enough people signed up. This reflects poorly on NCL, the excursions should not be cancelled for this reason. Overall, the excursions were good and the ports interesting.

I would take another cruise at some point in the future. I recommend it for total relaxation, or a place to take kids, or for a romantic getaway. The freestyle dining was a big plus too.

Publication Date: 04/21/11