Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Bisky: Norwegian Epic a pleasant surprise

Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Norwegian Epic a pleasant surprise

Sail Date: April 2011

This was my first cruise. I've always thought a cruise would be like being stuck in a hotel, but it was not at all like that. The process to board and disembark the ship was seamless. The room was fantastic and I loved it. The freestyle dining was also great as I tried several different restaurants and lounges. I especially liked the ice bar, and Shakers. Add to that the daily room service breakfast, and pizza delivery at the touch of a button and I was in heaven.

The shows were OK, but I'm not really a fan of these types of shows, not a fan either of casinos. Really liked sitting on the deck in the sun, but went out early, about 8:30 to 11:00 to avoid the crowds. This also allowed me the opportunity to use the jogging track in the afternoon when it too was empty. The jogging track was a little bit of a disappointment, only on one side of the ship, but the exercise room was state-of-the-art.

The ports were interesting, but there was not much time to enjoy them after More an excursion. I went sailing/snorkeling in St. Maarten, Kayaking, hiking and snorkeling in St. Thomas. My scuba dive was cancelled the night before because not enough people signed up. This reflects poorly on NCL, the excursions should not be cancelled for this reason. Overall, the excursions were good and the ports interesting.

I would take another cruise at some point in the future. I recommend it for total relaxation, or a place to take kids, or for a romantic getaway. The freestyle dining was a big plus too. Less

Published 04/21/11

Helpful? Thank Bisky

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: MC8063 Mini-Suite with Balcony

I had the deluxe balcony room. It was big enough for 2 no problem. Plenty of closet space, comfortable bed. The balcony was the most important part....going to sleep with the door open to hear the ocean, sitting out there all afternoon with a book. Incredible. Stress levels went from 100 to zero in 24 hours.

Read All Mini-Suite with Balcony (MC) Reviews >>
Bisky
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X