“Fantastic 40th Birthday”

Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I have just come back from an 11 night cruise on The Independence of the Seas. I went for my 40th birthdy, along with my husband and 2 boys, aged 12 and 6. the ship was fantastic. The children's club for my 6 year old was very good, however for my 12 year old, the club wasn't very structured,though he soon made friends, that he spent most evenings with.

We had my time dining, and never had to wait for a table, we enjoyed the food, but felt it wasn't up to P and O, standards. We had the wine package 12 bottles, of wine for $312, which worked out cheaper.

We always found a table at the Windjammer, even during peak times.

The children loved the flow-rider and climbing wall, and even on days at sea there was never really any long queues. - This was the highlight of their holiday.

The promenade was stunning, and provided entertainment for a few evenings.

To round off, we had a fantastic time, and can't wait to go back again. For the quality, value, food and entertainment, you would not get all this on a spanish beach holiday for the same money as we paid!!

To counter the claim that too many children were on-board, there is always a choice for them to go on adult only cruises!!

Independence of the Seas Cruises to Canary Islands

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Independence of the Seas Review
Independence of the Seas Cruises to Canary Islands
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?