Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by sally mcbean: So much money, so little fun

sally mcbean
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Queen Elizabeth Asia Cruises

So much money, so little fun

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Perth (Fremantle)

My husband and I embarked on the Queen Elizabeth for a 18 night Asian leg of her Maiden Voyage. We have both cruised before, my husband with P and O and myself with Star Cruises on the Virgo. Our balcony stateroom was very comfortable but the bathroom tiny, much smaller than the Virgo s. The sulleness of parts of the crew became evident almost immediately and this continued throughout the cruise. We found the housekeeping staff and the barstaff to be extremely friendly quitte different from the wait staff and the reception staff.

My husband has had on-going problems with our on-board account with numerous errors being made and repeatedly repeated. The tender way of getting to shore cannot be avoided at some ports I accept that but when the Queen Elizabeth goes into HongKong on her Maiden Voyage one would think we would be docked for the duration, not so, we spent a night in Junk Harbour having to be ferried in by the tenders which takes up so much of one s valuable time when More in port and is an extremely uncomfortable way to travel.

My husband and I are in our early 60 s but the majority of the passengers, by far, were in the 70-85 age group which became quite depressing. They were quite snobby which added to our dis-enchantment. Consequentally the activities and entertainment were aimed at this age group. Would I travel with Cunard again, that s a no but to each his own. Less

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>