Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by FatherKnowsBest

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by FatherKnowsBest
Allure of the Seas
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

The All-star Team of Cruise Ships
Plane landed at Ft Lauderdale at 11:25am. We got our bags, took a $15 taxi ride to the port and were on the ship at 12:05. Now that is efficiency.

Staterooms aren't ready until 1:30am so we took a little walk around the ship. My first impression was the detail. RC has eliminated a lot of the tacky decor that I thought I just had to live with as a cruiser and made this ship look modernly sophisticated with a casual charm.

Our first dining was at 150 Central Park. I would love to say that it was amazing but it was a definite miss for us. My wife and I are serious foodies and this place was unfortunately more surface than substance. 2 specific issues were the the fish in a watery broth (The waitress just called it a broth when she noticed the water pooling under the fish) and the lamb croquette that was obviously previously frozen and over fried. I am being picky but if they want to be known as the best on the ship, they should be.

ON THE OTHER HAND, everyone must go to Giovanni's table. They have done it right. I suggest sitting at the tables outside for a 7pm revervation so that the lights come on and the moon flies overhead. They played Sinatra on the speakers and my wife and I could have sat there for 3 days straight.

The service was INCREDIBLE at Giovanni's with a special shoutout to Mihai and Mario and the GM Daniel. While we were eating there for the first time, we reserved for the next night. It is $15 extra but COMPLETELY valuable.

The MDR was ok as expected. It is the best that can be expected with such a huge amount of food to produce. Service was fine and my time dining worked out well for us the 3 nights we ate there.

We also ate at Chops which was good but I could have ate at Giovanni's every night.

Our favourite place to go on the ship was Central Park. Vintages is really nice and the staff is great. Shout out to Gemma who also made our trip top notch.

There are few things wrong with this ship and too many things right to go on about. We usually only book trips with Carnival when we take the kids but we are DEFINITELY booking back on the Allure with them.

In my opinion, RCL has taken every concept and experience on cruising over the past 30 years and made an All-Star team ship. There is no reason to book separate lines according to the theme you are looking for. The Allure has it all.

If I could change anything about the ship, it would be to have the management take a look at the quality of 150 Central Park and for there to be a more affordable Wi-Fi package.

Book now and enjoy the best cruise you have ever had.

Publication Date: 04/19/11