Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by a036618

Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: CV
Entertainment 5+

Allure of the Seas 4/10/2011
We arrived at the Fort Lauderdale port at approximately 2:30 pm, and were in our rooms within 30 minutes. Our bags were delivered by 5 pm. No hassles to speak of. Very streamlined checkin process (although I don't know that I'll use this port in the future if it means using the FLL airport... just... gross).

Overall:

Excellent food and service, although staffing did seem a bit tight once in a while. Less of an inconvenience to us, but did feel bad for the servers once in a while in the MDR.

LOVE the status menu on the tv in the room. Helped us to know where to go if we weren't feeling exceptionally patient.

LOVE the interactive touch screen map.

LOVE the entertainment. Blue Planet made me sniffle, it was so amazing... and I don't usually like theatrical productions. Chicago was great, especially for anyone not familiar with the story as it's been shortened for persons like me with short attention spans.

LOVE the private dining. Izumi had wonderful sushi. Chops is just as you'd expect a high-end fine dining experience.

Didn't LOVE:

Getting trapped in one of the elevators for about 10 minutes when the buttons on the inside of the car stopped working AFTER I got on at about 1 am. Had to wait for someone to come and let me out.

The wait for elevators and more than that, the incredibly rude 'every man for himself' mentality of the impatient hordes of people waiting for cars. Wouldn't have been so bad if people weren't willing to trample you or shove you out of the way to get on... regardless of how long you'd been waiting. Can't blame the ship for rude people, though.

Publication Date: 04/19/11