Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Maggie@13: IMPRESSIVE - but with caution

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

IMPRESSIVE - but with caution

Sail Date: April 2011

The Allure of the Seas was an awesomely impressive ship. However, the feeling we got is that the theme of RCCL is that they, too, are impressed with their creation of a masterpiece. I would have rather seen or felt that their (REPEAT)cruisers might have taken a bit more center stage.

The service by the crew was more than adequate. Those in the Windjammer Marketplace need a refresher course on customer attention.

The food was good for most of the meals. We had traditional dining and had requested a table for 3, which included me, my spouse and grand daughter. (This was her Senior Class Trip.) We were placed with a single lady, who was quite nice and we made the normal chic-chat to make her as comfortable as possible. When we cruise, our plan is to get away; not be forced (by location) to make new friends. We are ot snobbish, but meeting new people should be at our option, not RCCL.

Internet SUCKED!!!! That is the best I can say about that. When I questioned the More poor service, I was told that there was probably a large volume of people using it at that time ~ 4:00 AM!!! It would appear that in the marvellous planning and construction, RCCL might have seen that coming. Yet, $0.65/minute is some pretty good revenue with 6000+ on board.

I don't want to sound like a complainer, but, as a business-person, the glory and grandeur should go to the folks who pay the bill - Customers!!! Not how big a ship the cruise line can build.

We had a good cruise, but it is definitely not the best cruise we have been on. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Grand Suite Deck 6 9654

We had a Grand Suite, which was fairly spacious for 3 people. Our Room Attendant, Maria was wonderful. She was friendly and so helpful. We were located in close proximity to the dining areas and venues. I must say, debarkation is the best I have ever seen. They really got that one together. They took our luggage (scary), got our boarding passes, and we never saw our luggage again until we got to our final airport destination. WOW!!!