Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by earlynurse

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by earlynurse
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: earlynurse
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        3-6 4.0

Enchantment of the Sea was enchanting!
The Enchantment of the Seas.......This was my first RC cruise, but not my first cruise. My sister, a family friend and my granddaughter, were celebrating their first cruise. My daughters and myself, well I guess you can say, are old hands at this.

We arrived at the port around 11am after the little snafu with our transportation. How could some send one mini van for 6 females with 11 pieces of luggage. After the second van arrived, we were off to the port of Baltimore.

Embarking was so smooth. Took about 20 minutes for the entire process. My sister has difficulty walking long distances, so we had a wheelchair reserved for her. That added to the smoothness of the embarking procedure.

Got on board, had the boarding picture taken, and went straight to the Windjammer for lunch. (drink of the day..Bahama mama) did the walk around the ship. Kids went swimming as it was 80 degrees in Baltimore that day. Sis and I went to the Viking Crown to watch the sail away party and just chill.

Don't know when the cabins were ready, but when we got there at 2 they were ready.

We were about an hour late leaving Baltimore.

Dinner that night was wonderful. The staff was wonderful. My granddaughter met her new best friend, our waiter, Edwin.

Day 2

At sea.

The seas were rough and I mean extremely rough. Half of my group of 6 sere sick. Brought Bonine. Gave everyone one tablet. By dinner, everyone was feeling well enough to drees for the formal night. Dinner was great! Drink of the day..Tequila Sunrise.

Day 3

BERMUDA!!!!

Hour late arriving. Had arranged a private tour with Duke Soares. EXCELLENT!!! Saw the entire island, had a history lesson, and had a wonderful lunch. Got back to the ship around 7, didn't go to dinner, because we were still full from our late lunch.

Granddaughter got sick in the adventure playroom. They were twirling and jumping and her stomach could take it. Went on shore, went to the Frog and Onion for a little bit. Wonderful time.

Big Pool party with a midnight buffet that was spectacular. All the cravings. Just beautiful and delicious. That had drinks in pineapples. The pineapple was carved out like a cup and there you have it! A pineapple cup.

Day 4

SERMUDA in the am!

Did the last minute shopping got back on the ship. We had lunch in MDR. Again, the food was extremely good. Did the casino thing, lost $60.00 in all. Dinner that night was Lobster. Our waiter kept bringing them to us. Every heard of anyone turning down lobster? Well we did. we were just too full.

Day 5

At sea. Windy but sunny. None of that rough seas that we had on the way to Bermuda coming back. Rested. Did the last minute ship shopping, packing luggage and trying to figure out whose suitcase could and would hold what. Dinner the last night was once again extremely good. I think I gained about 5 pounds

Day 6

Back home. Debarking (if that is the work, you know, getting off the ship) was just as smooth. My sis had her wheelchair and we were whisked off the ship through customs and into the rain and cold. There our 2 mini vans met us to take us back home.

My granddaughter said"Nana, why do we have to leave to boat? I wanna stay" All I could say was "So do I peanut, so do I"

Publication Date: 04/18/11
Read the Bermuda ports review by earlynurse
More Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews