Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by busyvj2

Member Name: busyvj2
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Amazing Eclipse
This was our first cruise - I initially researched 'smoking policies' of ships and settled on this line, due to the more restricted policy. When I then learned of their drink packages, there really was no more competition. We booked the Eclipse from seeing reviews on YouTube and on Cruise Critic. We were not disappointed.

From the arrival, to the cabin steward and waiters and other staff, it was wonderful. Our waiters, Sergio and Orlando were so attentive and great, we decided to opt out of specialty restaurants. The food was very good, one night the pork tenderloin was a bit dry, but the veggies were wonderful - and they had no problems bringing extras of what I enjoyed, i.e. I loved the green beans.

The wine sommelier was great, picking out wines to go with our different courses, making sure our glasses were never empty.

The only down point of the whole cruise was the table next to us - I think our having such fun, laughing, talking, was bothering them - and they complained to the waiter, on formal night, after the parade, which had been so much fun - I felt bad for the waiters, this was not their fault - the table on either side were also fun loving people, who were laughing and have a great time. I felt if they needed to complain they could have waited and talked to the Maitre 'D. Unfortunately, they chose to make a scene, which is regrettable.

I would suspect if you want a quiet, more refined meal, specialty restaurants would be better, as the tables were farther apart. However, we did pay thousands for this trip, and we enjoyed - so apologies if anyone was offended by us having a good time.

The rest of the trip was great, the service was impeccable, the pools were wonderful, every child on the ship well behaved. One of the best days was sitting by the sprinklers watching the kids run in and out - having such fun. If my kids were still little, this cruise line would have been one they would have liked...the kids looked adorable on formal night.

There was a good mixture of ages, young and old - the disco was a great time, I learned a couple more dances, thanks to a couple ladies, I knew the electric slide already, but now have a couple more under my belt.

The band D'Revelation was simply incredible, and the 'Dancing with the Stripes' competition was the most I've laughed in a long time - the guests really stepped up.

All entertainment was great, the impressionist singer, Paul, the comedian, the string quartet, the fellow with the guitar(forgot his name) - Acapella group, all marvellous and very talented. The dancers, singers, simply grand.

We loved the shows as well - and Q our Cruise Director, well...what can you say? Can I type, chickachickachaaaa....? You had to be there.

The buffet was stocked with great food, the onion rings at the pool grill were yum ma and they had super pizza - we had room service a few nights, late....and I think I added 10 pounds...

We never had a problem with the drink package - always got wonderful service.

The ports were wonderful, a little cloudy in St. Maarten- we went on the Ultimate Island tour - great tour guide - and had a little calypso music on the way back - and got to try real French pastries in Mari-got -

We went on the Fantasea Catamaran and had a BBQ on the beach - I think this was the best tour I have ever been on - very well done - for young and old - we did "Follow the Leader" - kids and grown ups - good memories.

Met so many wonderful people from all over the world, Great Britain, all over the States, Spain and of course, fellow Canadians - yes, we really do have secret beacons that point each other out.

And to everyone who may not realize, Nova Scotia is around 5000 miles from BC -so not even close to Alaska...

We had bad weather on the way home - Newark could use a more comfortable floor - but all in all a very good trip.

Celebrity really does treat everyone like a celebrity and for a first cruise, they now have us hooked!

See you all next year.