“Made our own fun!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

CedarvilleGirl Explorer of the Seas 4 Made our own fun!
CedarvilleGirl
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
First, and foremost, the port staff and ship crew were amazing and I cannot say enough great things about them.

We arrived at Cape Liberty early (we were the first lonely souls there) and were the very first to board. They began allowing people on board at noon which is pretty amazing considering that people were still on the ship at 11 from the previous cruise.

The ship itself was good. We were worried because she is 11 years old and I have read some harsh reviews about her upkeep but overall it was good. The room decor and whatnot could use a little update but it certainly did not have any bearing on whether or not we had a good time!

We have an 11 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. They ate dinner with us (because we forced them to) and other than that they wanted to be at Adventure Ocean. The Adventure Ocean staff was outstanding and kept everyone happy and entertained!

Food was amazing. Both my husband and I gained 10 pounds. Enough said on that issue!

Shows were great too, we enjoyed the parades and shows. The ice show is a MUST see!

Bermuda was expensive but we had excursions planned so it didn't really matter to us. It was very easy to get around and the people seemed very grateful to have tourists again.

I would not travel to Bermuda again until Summer time. It was very cold for our at sea days. I was glad that we planned our beach day for the second day in Bermuda because it was too chilly and windy on the first day.

Departure from the ship was quick and easy and we were through customs and on our way out of there in no time!!

Cape Liberty is one of the smoothest ports we have ever dealt with!!!

Overall great time!!!!

• Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Oceanview Stateroom

H2318
Great location, right by the elevators. Glad we had a low deck for the rough seas! Broken light fixture by bed that was rigged and looks terrible. Great housekeeping staff! Two pull down bunks overtop of queen bed. "Mind your head". Angle of TV makes it difficult to watch from bed.

Published 04/18/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Explorer of the Seas Review
Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?