Oosterdam Cruise Review by eyoreblu: Mexican Rivera Spring Break

Mexican Rivera Spring Break

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: San Diego

This was my second cruise, our first being the same location on Royal Caribbean 2 years ago. I was cruising with two girlfriends, we all left our families at home.

Arriving at the terminal around 11:30 am we took the shuttle to the ship and had no wait and no problems embarking on the ship. We were able to go straight to our room, although I think we were one of the last to receive our luggage later in the day. Took time for lunch and to walk and explore the ship.

Our room, what can I say??? We had been offered an upsell and our cabin was incredible. The balcony was great sized and plenty of room for the three of us. The room was large and for three women traveling, each with a separate suitcase for shoes (oops, way too many than we needed), the storage and closet space was great. The shower and tub and the counter space in the bathroom was so nice to get ready every day.

We ate in the main dining room twice, in the Pinnacle Grill 3 times and used room More service once. I am not an adventurous eater but am not very particular and I felt the food was great where ever we ate. My only complaint would be the wait for omelets in the morning.

We were on the ship for relaxation so we did not leave and do anything in the ports so I cannot speak to those items.

My overall impression of the Oosterdam is that it is an incredible ship with so many places to go and relax and stuff. If you are looking for huge entertainment, it might not be the right fit for you. We played Bingo, watched a movie, used the casino and took technology classes. Kept busy all the time, but at my pace not a crazy pace.

I would recommend this ship to couples, but maybe not families. Less

Read more Oosterdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oosterdam Review >>

Cabin review: Oosterdam Deluxe Verandah Suite Rotterdam 7091

I would use this cabin again, great location at back of ship, just 2 flights to Lido for food, no outside noise, great balcony.