Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by alli76: A Perfect Vacation

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

A Perfect Vacation

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

I should start by saying that this cruise was the start to our Honeymoon. 5 days followed by 3 days in New York City. It was everything I could have hoped for and more.

We arrived at Cape Liberty on the 9th of April at 1:15PM. The process was so simple. We dropped off our luggage and headed to the long term parking lot. This process was seamless. Once in the port we stood in what seemed to be a long line up. The line moved very fast and we were on the ship by 2PM. Amazing.

Our stateroom was a Promenade room. When we booked the trip we were concerned with motion sickness so we opted for an interior room. The room was bigger than I thought it would be. Good size bathroom and closet. They say the bed is a queen but it was more like a king. We had a large window that looked down on to the Royal Promenade. Close to elevators. It was perfect. Our stateroom attendant was FANTASTIC. I honestly cannot say enough about her. Our room was spotless and she took requests for towel More animals. I asked for a turtle and she said she had never done one but she would try. There was a towel turtle when I returned to my room that night.

We only ate in the Windjammer. Didn't have any meals in the Dining room. Wasn't in the mood to get formal. The food was really good. Breakfast was amazing. Lots of fresh fruit. They had a Mongolian Grill at dinner time. If you were patient enough to stand in line it was totally worth it. We are not really drinkers so we bought the pop (soda) package. It was totally worth it. Seems like a lot of money to pay at once but it really was worth it. The Promenade cafe was great for snacks. Pizza and sandwiches and baked goods. The Peanut butter cookies are delish! The coffee is not great but it is bearable. I still drank it. All in all the food was excellent and was always fresh and hot. Next time I think we will try the dining room for a change of scenery.

Bermuda was beautiful. We had amazing weather. It was hot and sunny. Getting off and on the ship was pretty easy. The stop for the city bus was only a few minutes away by foot or a trolley. The bus drivers are a little crazy but they are very helpful and tell you exactly where you are. A lot of people on our ship rented mopeds. I know of several people who were injured and had to go to the hospital. You can also rent a Segway. The bus was more my pace. Shopping in Bermuda is very expensive. We bought some souvenirs but nothing else.

We love games and trivia. We played bingo a few times and played in most of the trivia games. Lots of fun. The shows were excellent. The Love and marriage game show was hilarious and the name that lyrics game was so fun to watch. The entertainment staff are really nice and friendly and love to have a good time. Our cruise director was sooooo funny.

There is so much to do on this ship and we were never bored. We are already looking to book again for next year. Can't wait! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>