Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by lspauld2: The Celebrity Eclipse Brings It!

lspauld2
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Western Caribbean Cruises

The Celebrity Eclipse Brings It!

Sail Date: April 2011

My husband and I took our first cruise ever this month on the Celebrity Eclipse. I must say, the Eclipse and entire cruise experience exceeded my expectations. We sailed the Western Caribbean cruise with ports of call in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan.

EMBARKATION: We arrived at the Port of Miami at 12:30. The embarkation process was much easier than I anticipated. We breezed right through check-in and security and were greeted on the ship by a glass of champagne. Our room was ready upon boarding, so we were able to get settled rather quickly and explore the ship.

THE SHIP: I cannot say enough about the beauty of the Eclipse. The decor of the ship is fabulous. It is elegant and classy. Every inch of the ship was immaculately clean. I don't think I even saw a fingerprint on the glass at any point during the cruise. I never felt crowded on the ship, even in the pool areas. The adults only Solarium was a fantastic place to relax for a nap or read a book. The More main pool area was great, I never had to fight for chairs or towels. The Pool Bar and Mast Grill are great places to grab a drink and some lunch around the pool. The ship had plenty of outdoor spaces to roam around, the Lawn was a pretty nice feature. The elevators were super efficient and I never had to wait a long time to get to one. Overall, I love, love, love this ship.

DINING: Overall, I really enjoyed my dining experience on the Eclipse. The ship has several Specialty Restaurants that you can eat at for an extra charge. We dined at Qsine and the Tuscan Grill, both of which were fantastic. The Moonlight Sonata MDR was great too. Always a nice selection of entrEes and desserts with excellent presentation. I felt that sometimes the food lacked flavor a little bit, but understand that they are in the business of pleasing the masses, so I felt it was overall very good. Our dinner staff was great, friendly and went over and beyond in their service during our dining experience. The Ocean View Cafe was a nice place to grab a quick breakfast or lunch. We discovered Bistro on Five late in the cruise, but ate there a couple of times for breakfast (their crepes were so delicious, I highly recommend the Italian Crepe). This too came at an extra charge of $5/pp, but it is good food and plenty of it. We also loved the Ensemble Lounge and spend a few evenings there before dinner talking to the bartender and fellow cruisers. They have musicians there and the ambiance is great. The Martini Bar is also a must visit.

ROOM: We had a room with a balcony and loved it. The room was spacious enough, as was the bathroom. We never felt cramped or crowded in the room and really loved the veranda.

SERVICE: This is where I cannot say enough. During my husband and I's travels, we have NEVER had service like we did on the Eclipse. The staff were some of the most amazing people we've met. They exceeded all of our expectations, were friendly, approachable and professional. I honestly cannot say enough about the staff on this ship. They are excellent.

ENTERTAINMENT: The entertainment was great. The shows were fun and entertaining. We did some trivia and attended some of the dancing competitions on the ship. We also did 2 wine tastings that were awesome. Overall, we never felt bored and always had plenty to do.

The ports of call were great. We had fantastic experiences at each one. Overall, we LOVED our first cruise experience. I was sad when I saw our ship pulling up to the Port of Miami. We cannot wait until we have the opportunity to sail again with Celebrity. We recommend the cruise line to anyone who wants a fantastic cruise experience. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Deluxe Ocean View W/Veranda Continental Deck (6)

We booked outside Celebrity for this excursion. We went with the Native Choice, which is an excellent tour option. The group is small (I'd say less than 15 people) which is great. We toured the Chacchoben ruins then took a trip to a Mayan village for lunch, which was a pretty unique and authentic experience.

Cozumel was a fun port. We took a boat trip and went snorkeling, followed by a stop at the beach for some lunch and cold beverages. The snorkeling was just OK, nothing compared to what we would see later in Roatan. The boat ride was fun and our dive masters were great. We stopped to do some shopping and grab a drink at Senor Frogs which didn't disappoint.
Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

We tendered at this port rather early. Our horseback riding excursion got bumped to a later time, so we headed to 7 mile beach on our own, which was just beautiful. The water was stunning and we were able to swim out and do some snorkeling. We saw stingrays, baby sea turtles and tropical fish.

The horseback riding was awesome. The horses were very friendly and east to ride. There were kite surfers practicing along the beach we were riding on, so that was fun to watch. The horses went into the water, which was a neat experience. I would definitely recommend this excursion to anyone heading to Grand Cayman.

(5.5)
This port exceeded all my expectations. The island is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. We booked a beach and snorkeling excursion and were lucky; my husband and I were the only two people who showed up for the snorkeling tour, so we were able to get a private tour through the reefs. Our guide was awesome. The beach and island were stunning. Hands down my favorite stop.
Read 1645 Roatan Reviews