Carnival Victory Cruise Review by 6ft3girl: Great Island ok ships

Great Island ok ships

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This is my 2nd cruise on Carnival. I have done the Mexico ones. First off the room was nice and clean. We had great service in our rooms. There were three of us in the cabin and the roll away bed was a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise here the services was excellent. The bartender's were great also by the second day most of them would smile and say "Another diet coke?"

FOOD - I would rather eat the food in the prison where I work at!!!! It has more flavor. The only edible thing was the chicken strips from the mini-buffet. The buffets were over crowded, not open long enough, took up to 20 minutes to get through the line and I have never had to salt and pepper EVERYTHING I ate. In the main dining our waiter was great at night but hit or miss with open seating in the mornings. The food was bland at best and repetitive even at night.

The new thing is stand up comedians. Two were AWESOME one was ehhhh.

Islands - This is the main reason I booked this particular More cruise.

St. Thomas was beautiful we went to Coki beach and had a great time $20 for chairs and umbrellas. The water was clear and the snorkeling good. I did get freaked out because the fish are used to being feed and would surround you. I am not used to being in a swarm of 100+ fish. A polite no and the natives would leave you alone. We ended up sharing a taxi with other people from the cruise ship. The taxi driver was great.

Barbados we booked the Tismia turtle and Sail. BEST TRIP EVER!!!!!! The Cap. and scuba Steve rocked. We had a blast. There were only 2 turtles where we stopped. The crew was more than helpful in getting great pictures of them and making sure they stay around. If you want a great time (keeping in mind there is unlimited rum) this is it.

St. Lucia - We got a taxi and went to Rodney beach. BIG MISTAKE the beach was crowded, the people over bearing and would not take polite no's for an answer when we did not want to buy anything. The cab driver tried to sell us a bottle of rum for $25 bucks when it was only worth 10 at best.

St. Kitts - We went to Cockle Shell Beach. Beautiful beach but there are shells everywhere. It was a nice calm day and the snorkeling was fantastic. Tons of fish. once again $20 got us chairs and umbrellas. the staff are friendly and helpful but not over bearing. Best Conch Fritters I have ever had.

The taxi ride was a bumpy towards the beach but the taxi driver was great.

St. Maateen - We went to Dawn beach and once again we were not disappointed. Beautiful beach the water was a little rough for snorkeling but there were fish on the reef. $20 buck got us chairs and umbrellas. The taxi driver was polite a little hard to under stand his english but he was nice.

Loved the islands. They were great not so sure I will be booking another Carnival Cruise though. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>