Carnival Dream Cruise Review by lld2902

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 4H
Entertainment 5+

Carnival Dream
Just returned home from 7 nights on the Carnival Dream. It was a last minute booking so all that was left was an inside cabin. We've been on several cruises and this was our first inside cabin. It was not bad actually. Bathroom was plenty big and closet space was ample. The hallways were noisy with people coming and going at all hours of the night but it was Spring break so expected. I didn't find the ship to be too over crowded, embarkation was a breeze like many others have stated. There were a lot of rowdy teenagers and they seemed to come and go as they pleased with no parental supervision.

I really felt that both the food and the service left a lot to be desired. I've read so many reviews that say the food is excellent and this just baffles me!

The strawberry ice cream out of the machine was the best thing they had! But I will say the warm chocolate melting cake in the dining room was delicious and the meal they served on the last night was actually decent. But other than that? I was praying for a McDonald's when we arrived in St. Thomas!

As far as the service goes, no one said "Welcome Aboard!" to us when we got on the ship. And no one was all that friendly either. Other than the room steward and our waiter, I rarely saw any of the staff even crack a smile.

Butch, the cruise director was AWESOME. He is what made this cruise for us. He is so full of personality and just gives 110%. You can tell he really loves his job, and enjoys interacting with the guests. And this is what I like to see. He will move on to bigger and better things. I should have gotten his autograph ;)

Publication Date: 04/17/11