Disney Dream Cruise Review by Cruiselady1954

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Still Dreaming
Let me satrt this review by saying I have taken 11 cruises( not all Disney) and am traveling without children. As this was not my first cruise- with Disney- I again did all my booking through the website. My flight out of Baltimore-although had a stop over in Atlanta. I left Baltimore at 6:30 and arrived at Orlando's Airport at 11:00. Followed the signs to the lower level to the Disney Desk to get signed in.

Very simple- The people at the desk take care of all the work and assign your bus and your key to the world card. Off to the bus you go. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the port and on the ride they give you a very nice video to watch and help add to the anticipation that you already have.

Once the bus has stopped an you head into the terminal, you go through security and up the escalator to the terminal. As you have already been given you boarding number it's just a matter of the wait. Fortunately mine was short as they called my number about 10 minutes after arrival. Once through the entrance your scanned in and the welcome aboard picture was taken and then- you are announced as you board the ship.

Disney once again has outdone itself. The Atrium is beautiful- and the overhead chandelier is a most beautiful sight.As my stateroom was ready I headed off to room 8072 and a little rest.

Dinner that night was in Enchanted Garden- so as I had some time I did some exploring. I had late seating - so once I did a little more exploration, I headed to deck 2 for dinner. My table 124 was almost in the kitchen. Unfortunately for the woman and child at my table- it seemed that it had not been reset before they seated us. The table cloth was wet - and they had already placed their order when I arrive. Dinner was excellent The consume was warm not hot- but the scallops with asparagus and some sort of grain was absolutely fabulous. I had the sugar free strawberry cheesecake- very very good.

Had dinner in the new adult restaurant Remy's on Monday- if you have the opportunity- it's a must. Far better than Palo's and didn't think they could top Palo's. Had dinner in Palo's on Tuesday and repeated Remy's on Wednesday - as the experience was so good that I wanted to end my trip with that experience.

Only saw 2 of the 3 shows - Golden Mickey's and Believe. Unfortunately- didn't have enough time to get in the Villains show. The were all very professionally done and were good.

Wednesday night the bags had to be out by 10:30- to assure that embarkation went smoothly. As I was booked through the cruise line - I woke and went to breakfast- and then went out to the bus to go to the airport. ( My luggage was to meet me at my final destination in Baltimore.)

For anyone thinking of taking the Disney Dream- I say do it. The experience is one you will never forget. The staff and crew do make you feel like your at home. In fact you hate to leave. I'm already booked for next year on the Fantasy- and hope to see some of the crew from the Dream when I go.

Publication Date: 04/17/11