Ruby Princess 3

Cruise review of Ruby Princess

Hugemaniac1
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

The Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship with enormous potential. Sad as it seems, management may be asleep at the helm on issues relative to dining & customer service. The ship's staterooms were nicely appointed, the bedding comfortable however the bathrooms were very small. The showers were tiny, even by european standards.

The food on the Ruby Princess ranged from mediocre to terrible. There seemed also to be some indifference by the staff when this was mentioned. My wife was served a salmon filet that was raw in the center, mine was served barely warm. When this was brought up to the Maitre'd we received the proverbial brush-off. On another evening the salad was served so badly wilted that I did not consider it edible. On bringing this up to the waiter, he wanted to debate me on what was wrong with the serving. We had several conversations with other passengers who shared our experiences, There were some other issues with on-ship events, the planning of these was More hit & miss. The muscicians were very good though.

I spoke with several other travelers on this ship, the common them among them was never again on Princess. What truly surpised me is that when I called Princess to discuss my experience, they had no one available for me to discuss my issues. Case closed: I'm back to Carnival. Less

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: April 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BAR609
The Riviera deck sits fairly high on the ship so movement on rough seas was notceable.

Perhaps the best stop on the cruise. Beautiful island, great food and good shopping.

Published 04/15/11

Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?