Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Hugemaniac1

Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: R609

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Sadly Disappointing
The Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship with enormous potential. Sad as it seems, management may be asleep at the helm on issues relative to dining & customer service. The ship's staterooms were nicely appointed, the bedding comfortable however the bathrooms were very small. The showers were tiny, even by european standards.

The food on the Ruby Princess ranged from mediocre to terrible. There seemed also to be some indifference by the staff when this was mentioned. My wife was served a salmon filet that was raw in the center, mine was served barely warm. When this was brought up to the Maitre'd we received the proverbial brush-off. On another evening the salad was served so badly wilted that I did not consider it edible. On bringing this up to the waiter, he wanted to debate me on what was wrong with the serving. We had several conversations with other passengers who shared our experiences, There were some other issues with on-ship events, the planning of these was hit & miss. The muscicians were very good though.

I spoke with several other travelers on this ship, the common them among them was never again on Princess. What truly surpised me is that when I called Princess to discuss my experience, they had no one available for me to discuss my issues. Case closed: I'm back to Carnival.

Publication Date: 04/15/11