Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Hugemaniac1: Sadly Disappointing

Rates
Value for Money

Sadly Disappointing

Sail Date: April 2011

The Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship with enormous potential. Sad as it seems, management may be asleep at the helm on issues relative to dining & customer service. The ship's staterooms were nicely appointed, the bedding comfortable however the bathrooms were very small. The showers were tiny, even by european standards.

The food on the Ruby Princess ranged from mediocre to terrible. There seemed also to be some indifference by the staff when this was mentioned. My wife was served a salmon filet that was raw in the center, mine was served barely warm. When this was brought up to the Maitre'd we received the proverbial brush-off. On another evening the salad was served so badly wilted that I did not consider it edible. On bringing this up to the waiter, he wanted to debate me on what was wrong with the serving. We had several conversations with other passengers who shared our experiences, There were some other issues with on-ship events, the planning of these was More hit & miss. The muscicians were very good though.

I spoke with several other travelers on this ship, the common them among them was never again on Princess. What truly surpised me is that when I called Princess to discuss my experience, they had no one available for me to discuss my issues. Case closed: I'm back to Carnival. Less

Published 04/15/11

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: BAR609 Balcony

The Riviera deck sits fairly high on the ship so movement on rough seas was notceable.

Read All Balcony (BA) Reviews >>

Perhaps the best stop on the cruise. Beautiful island, great food and good shopping.

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!