Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Grandeur: Royal Caribbean NEVER disapoints me!

Grandeur
Member Since 2000

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Royal Caribbean NEVER disapoints me!

Sail Date: April 2011

The kids were off from school this week and after sailing Oasis already, I HAD to see how Allure compares. I usually try to AVOID travel during Spring Breaks because of stories I have read/heard about wild teenagers and college students out of control. I am happy to say that we saw NONE of that. First of all you never get the feeling you are sailing with 6000 people and aside from the areas geared for teens and young adults (where you would expect them), I saw very few groups of kids and those I saw were making their own harmless fun.

We had a Central Park balcony and loved the location. On Oasis we had an oceanview hump balcony and I enjoyed the CP one just as well. Will stick with CP balcony cabins in the future. During the day I could hear the sound of kids on the 15th deck but that is to be expected and certainly not bothersome. Once the handle on the door is closed, complete silence. I really liked the fresh air and overhead protection from direct sun. I wondered if More I would feel awkward being on the balcony with others across from me or down on Central Park. Honestly, I never gave it a thought....pjs or not. Sorry neighbors :)

The staff was outstanding. Every person I encountered was warm, friendly and helpful when needed. There always seemed to be someone cleaning, painting or vacuuming. I got a sense of great pride from the staff.

Anybody who has sailed Royal Caribbean more than once will know that for the most part, food in the main dining room and windjammer is usually the same. The menu seems to be pretty much the same from ship to ship. Knowing that, I was expecting (and found) my normal "favorites". We did specialty dining on Oasis so did not repeat it. (My husband stayed home this trip - a friend came along instead.) This was our first time doing My Time Dining and would absolutely do that again. Park Cafe was our most frequented stop for a quick bite.

I cannot say enough about how accommodating the staff was to my visually impaired son. He is a senior in high school and unfortunately others that are his age and planning to join us backed out so he "winged" it with his (as he calls...annoying) little brother and mother. While it was not the amazingly fantastic fun he was hoping for with his friends, he enjoyed himself and stayed busy. Renting a set of dect phones was perfect for the situation! I highly recommend them for families who feel the need. At $25 each, it was worth it. Thankfully they were not the touch screen ones as my son needs the buttons in order to dial. Some of the other guests went out of their way to talk to or assist him. He spent some time in the casino and even the casino staff was familiar with him and helpful at the blackjack tables. He is a track runner and into weight lifting so he also really enjoyed the gym. If anybody can give an assessment of how easy it is to navigate Allure, it is him. He thought it was pretty easy to get to and from any place he wanted to go. Obviously he couldn't appreciate the beauty of the ship, shows (except the comedy show which he loved), or participate in some of the sports activities. Nevertheless, he had a good feeling of the difference between this ship and the other classes of Royal Caribbean ships which he sailed prior to losing his vision. When sailing Oasis I was concerned that he could never navigate such a large ship and I proud to say that he "mastered" the biggest ship in the world. My youngest son equally enjoyed Adventure Ocean. He has been going there for years and has experienced many levels of age groups. This age group was a little different for him because he was on the younger end of the 9-11 year old Voyagers. He was there different times during some of the days and every night but the first and last night.....until close ....2 am!!! Need I say more?

Again I say Royal Caribbean never disappoints me. Two more cruises planned and counting down. One more night until reaching Diamond + status. I've worked long and hard for the :) Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10 11255

Only one observation - I had cabin 11255 which was at the end of the Central Park balcony rooms. Again our bed was near the closet as it was on Oasis which I feel makes the room feel much smaller. My friend had 11253 and her bed was closest to the balcony. Her room seemed MUCH larger. Vandy by far was the best room steward I have had in all my cruises....and get this.....she actually thanked me for the additional tip I gave her. That was a FIRST for me.

We were only in port for a few hours so we got off the ship to put our feet on land, did a little shopping and back on board. It does get congested going back through customs so I suggest NOT cutting it too close to ship boarding time.
Read 2607 Nassau Reviews

This was only my second stop in St. Martin and enjoyed it very much. Took a water taxi to the boardwalk and again.....walked around and shopped (seeing a trend?). It was the last of yet another fantastic stop and awesome cruise memory.

Always like St. Thomas. My husband and I were married on Megan's Bay while sailing Grandeur of the Seas many years ago....before everybody knew where it was :) so it holds fond memories for me. We took a taxi downtown and again just walked around town doing some shopping. After returning to the ship, hung out at the shops on the pier and had a few drinks. My youngest son fed the iguanas lettuce one of the waitresses gave him....this drew quite a crowd and made for some great pictures.
Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews