Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Grandeur

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
        10-12 5.0

Royal Caribbean NEVER disapoints me!
The kids were off from school this week and after sailing Oasis already, I HAD to see how Allure compares. I usually try to AVOID travel during Spring Breaks because of stories I have read/heard about wild teenagers and college students out of control. I am happy to say that we saw NONE of that. First of all you never get the feeling you are sailing with 6000 people and aside from the areas geared for teens and young adults (where you would expect them), I saw very few groups of kids and those I saw were making their own harmless fun.

We had a Central Park balcony and loved the location. On Oasis we had an oceanview hump balcony and I enjoyed the CP one just as well. Will stick with CP balcony cabins in the future. During the day I could hear the sound of kids on the 15th deck but that is to be expected and certainly not bothersome. Once the handle on the door is closed, complete silence. I really liked the fresh air and overhead protection from direct sun. I wondered if I would feel awkward being on the balcony with others across from me or down on Central Park. Honestly, I never gave it a thought....pjs or not. Sorry neighbors :)

The staff was outstanding. Every person I encountered was warm, friendly and helpful when needed. There always seemed to be someone cleaning, painting or vacuuming. I got a sense of great pride from the staff.

Anybody who has sailed Royal Caribbean more than once will know that for the most part, food in the main dining room and windjammer is usually the same. The menu seems to be pretty much the same from ship to ship. Knowing that, I was expecting (and found) my normal "favorites". We did specialty dining on Oasis so did not repeat it. (My husband stayed home this trip - a friend came along instead.) This was our first time doing My Time Dining and would absolutely do that again. Park Cafe was our most frequented stop for a quick bite.

I cannot say enough about how accommodating the staff was to my visually impaired son. He is a senior in high school and unfortunately others that are his age and planning to join us backed out so he "winged" it with his (as he calls...annoying) little brother and mother. While it was not the amazingly fantastic fun he was hoping for with his friends, he enjoyed himself and stayed busy. Renting a set of dect phones was perfect for the situation! I highly recommend them for families who feel the need. At $25 each, it was worth it. Thankfully they were not the touch screen ones as my son needs the buttons in order to dial. Some of the other guests went out of their way to talk to or assist him. He spent some time in the casino and even the casino staff was familiar with him and helpful at the blackjack tables. He is a track runner and into weight lifting so he also really enjoyed the gym. If anybody can give an assessment of how easy it is to navigate Allure, it is him. He thought it was pretty easy to get to and from any place he wanted to go. Obviously he couldn't appreciate the beauty of the ship, shows (except the comedy show which he loved), or participate in some of the sports activities. Nevertheless, he had a good feeling of the difference between this ship and the other classes of Royal Caribbean ships which he sailed prior to losing his vision. When sailing Oasis I was concerned that he could never navigate such a large ship and I proud to say that he "mastered" the biggest ship in the world.

My youngest son equally enjoyed Adventure Ocean. He has been going there for years and has experienced many levels of age groups. This age group was a little different for him because he was on the younger end of the 9-11 year old Voyagers. He was there different times during some of the days and every night but the first and last night.....until close ....2 am!!! Need I say more?

Again I say Royal Caribbean never disappoints me. Two more cruises planned and counting down. One more night until reaching Diamond + status. I've worked long and hard for the :)

Publication Date: 04/15/11